Discussion thread for RV SnapPads

gasman

Camp Socializer
Are they enough larger than the jack feet to make that much difference? I spent $20 on my redwood pads that seem to work fine.

jbeletti

Are they enough larger than the jack feet to make that much difference? I spent $20 on my redwood pads that seem to work fine.

Mike - from my experience with them, I'd say attributes other than their size is what makes them useful.

From their website
The SnapPad Difference
  • SnapPad won't just change how you use your RV, it'll change your camping experience.
  • No more positioning jackpads or levelers under your RV
  • Permanent installation frees up valuable storage space
  • Little to no care required - durable and long lasting
  • Can still be removed if necessary
  • Protects foot from rust and other damage
  • Complements the look and feel of any RV
Created by the designers of Lynx Levelers, SnapPad is engineered through the application of many years of industry experience and knowledge.

jbeletti

I'm thinking
NO DICE

Ah - I missed the implied circle with a slash :)

Seriously though - each must make his own value judgement on this as with anything. I've had a season of experience with these and maybe 3 seasons experience with Hoss Pads. Hoss Pads were great! But with RV SnapPads, not having to run around like a wildman and deploy them, then pick them up and store them - priceless (to me)!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

These SnapPads are great.... They are made out of a very durable rubber that flexes and forms to uneven surfaces, they stick to the smooth surfaces also. keep the coach from moving around. Next they stay on the Level-up pads all the time= no pulling them and out lining them up under the pads. No picking them back up and cleaning them off before you store them again. No forgetting them at the last camp spot.
With the SnapPads permanently on the leg the Level up works like it was intended.... Push 1 button stand back and smile
Same thing when your heading out Push auto retract and you're done.
26f10cc7f57256fbbb050259696e9459.jpg
c65aea83cce5c04001ebc3122f5a8f0c.jpg
de223ff7cbf6b4f98e8c312e50ddb19c.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ah - I missed the implied circle with a slash :)

Seriously though - each must make his own value judgement on this as with anything. I've had a season of experience with these and maybe 3 seasons experience with Hoss Pads. Hoss Pads were great! But with RV SnapPads, not having to run around like a wildman and deploy them, then pick them up and store them - priceless (to me)!
Completely agree Jim

most of you know I got mine for free, and I sound like a salesman. That's not the case. I really feel the difference inside and it doesn't get any easier to enjoy there benefits.

Jim
I'd like to pay it forward and perches a set for some lucky camper. Maybe a prise at one of our next rally or a contest on the forum.
Let me know if any of you have a good idea.

Sent from Jerrod's phone with Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jerrod, I have an idea for a contest.
You purchase a set (6), for the contest you ask me my name. If I get it right I win.
I like it. :)

Peace
Dave

avvidclif

It's not thick enough to replace my blocks when more height is needed. It's not big enough in diameter to spread the weight. Except that they make the foot less likely to slip on a smooth surface I don't see what good they are.

My 2 cents worth, that's about what they are worth to me.

GETnBYE

• Protects foot from rust and other damage

With very little knowledge on my part as to what the rust potential of the jacks are "now", my thought is from viewing photos and video alone, it appears to me that it will hold water in or on the feet of the jack.
Is there a protective coating on the jacks "now" or when new, that is protected from being scratched off?
And if they do hold water, won't that eventually cause a breakdown and cause rust to occur faster?
Are there drainage holes that I missed seeing or is a water tight seal created when applied?

Bones

My thought on the water retention is to come out with a complete foot replacement where the Snap Pad completely covers the foot and it is sealed inside. So all you would do is unbolt the old foot and bolt on a new one.

jbeletti

Actually, my thinking is along the lines of "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" - some really like the dice hanging from their mirror, others don't. It's a personal choice item I believe. No disrespect either way.

Cool Terry. I don't know you or your humor well enough yet, so I missed the point at first. I agree with you on the choice and no disrespect taken :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My thought on the water retention is to come out with a complete foot replacement where the Snap Pad completely covers the foot and it is sealed inside. So all you would do is unbolt the old foot and bolt on a new one.
Another really good idea Bones !!!
They would cost a lot more. I think they would look pretty cool.
But all these need is a drain hole in the side or drill one in the foot pad.

Sent from Jerrod's phone with Tapatalk

jbeletti

With regard to drainage, while I need to pay more attention next time I go out with the RV, I don't believe the seal is water tight.

The metal jack pads themselves have a small turn-up or lip to them. So they themselves allow for the holding of water on top of them.

With the RV SnapPads in place, while they add height, I don't believe they are so snug that the water won't drain.

Jerrod - your RV is outdoors at your home - can you go pour water on top of your front jack pad until the water is level with the top of the RV SnapPad and let us know if this water finds it's way out over a reasonable time with the exception of what would normally stay on top of the metal jack pad until it evaporates?

Last edited: