And so it begins

porthole

Retired
Added a second awning switch.
This was a little more involved then I expected. Wasted a fuse or two until I realized that when the switch is not depressed the awning motor wires are shorted to act as an electric brake to keep the awning in.

So, I had to add a double pole double throw switch.

The first pic is the factory wall switch with the "switch selector" below it.
The 2nd is the switch I added to the basement storage. Now I can activate the awning from outside.

Link to additional links.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=612244&viewfull=1#post612244

Attachments

• Awning switch_00.jpg
    Awning switch_00.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 486
  • Awning switch_01.jpg
    Awning switch_01.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Since the Cyclone's don't have end tables, I am in the process of adding a shelf on the headboard. The project isn't finished yet but I wanted to get some pictures posted for Jim.

The shelf is made out of maple and with the way the cleats are it just slips onto the headboard and stays put.

Attachments

• Bedroom shelf_00.jpg
    Bedroom shelf_00.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 981
  • Bedroom shelf_01.jpg
    Bedroom shelf_01.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 783
  • Bedroom shelf_02.jpg
    Bedroom shelf_02.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 685
  • Bedroom shelf_03.jpg
    Bedroom shelf_03.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 696

porthole

Retired
Added a "bolt on" 2" receiver for my collapsible flag pole.

The PVC pipe on the left of the picture is where I am now storing my flag and pole.

Update: I have since remounted the PVC with pipe clamps, much neater and just an FYI, the flag pole holder that slides into the receiver will rotate 90 degrees, I then store it in the same spot. I drilled an extra 5/8" hold for the two depths I needed (stowed and deployed)

Attachments

• Flag pole_01.jpg
    Flag pole_01.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 838
  • Flag pole_00.jpg
    Flag pole_00.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 1,059
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Removed the divider that is under the kitchen sink. This about quadrupled the storage space.
I also ordered door and will be adding access to this new found space from the outside cabinet wall (where the extinguisher is)

Attachments

• Kitchen cabinet expand_01.jpg
    Kitchen cabinet expand_01.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 992
  • Kitchen cabinet expand_02.jpg
    Kitchen cabinet expand_02.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 899
  • Kitchen cabinet expand_00.jpg
    Kitchen cabinet expand_00.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 876
  • Cabinet doors.jpg
    Cabinet doors.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 818

porthole

Retired
Knife storage, this is just held on with double stick tape.

The white tube is a piece of thin wall PVC screwed to the side of the cabinet to keep the garbage bags in check.

Attachments

• Knife storage.jpg
    Knife storage.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 753
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Weatherstrip you see I added because during heavy rains for some reason the gutter overflows right above the vent and it leaks inside the garage.

Attachments

• Garage vent_00.jpg
    Garage vent_00.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 627
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Not finished yet, don't know what blinds to buy, but I will be replacing the cheap metal blinds that came with the trailer.

These valances were ordered through RV Capital Service.

They are the valances for the front bedroom but done in the main coach decor. For those not familiar, the Cyclones have a different fabric pattern in the bedroom and it is carried over to the valances.

The bedroom valences are thinner then the living room and are the perfect size for the garage. Now I just need to get more of the border so I can finish the garage.

Attachments

• Garage valance_01.jpg
    Garage valance_01.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 525
  • Garage valance_00.jpg
    Garage valance_00.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Added this gas line quick disconnect. It was a waste of time.

Since this is after the regulator most gas appliances will not work as they come with their own regulator. I was able to remove the regulator on my little portable "Campfire" so it wasn't a total loss. I still have to hook up my grill to the tank fitting.

Attachments

• Gas Line.JPG
    Gas Line.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 655

porthole

Retired
Some where my water lines rattle on occasion. So I insulated as much of the lines as I could. Can't hurt either when it gets a little cooler.

Attachments

• Insulation.JPG
    Insulation.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 648

porthole

Retired
Simple addition. Added a 1/4" piece of plywood above the basement rear wall. Just big enough to hold some spare vacuum bags and whatnot and not have it fall behind the wall.

Attachments

• Shelf_00.jpg
    Shelf_00.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 829
  • Shelf_01.jpg
    Shelf_01.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 772

porthole

Retired
Go figure

50K for a big dog house, orthopedic beds in the garage for them and this is where they chose to sleep.

RIP to both our our Angels.

Attachments

• sleeping dogs.JPG
    sleeping dogs.JPG
    324 KB · Views: 889
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
The central vac works pretty good. The floor kick plate is a great addition. But, to use the vac in the garage almost everything had to be pulled out because the outlet was in the middle along the floor.

I pulled the panels off and rerouted the hose. Now the outlet is near the DS baggage door near the top of the compartment. Accessible without removing any of the junk in the basement (just slide some over)

The fourth picture above also shows the additional awning switch.

Attachments

• Vacumn reroute_04.jpg
    Vacumn reroute_04.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 730
  • Vacumn reroute_03.jpg
    Vacumn reroute_03.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 692
  • Vacumn reroute_02.jpg
    Vacumn reroute_02.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 716
  • Vacumn reroute_01.jpg
    Vacumn reroute_01.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 745
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Re-routed the winterizing/antifreeze hose. There is enough room between the panels here (and it needs to be sealed to keep critters out) that you can snake the hose down from behind the access panel to the area underneath the trailer. I have the hose coiled up between the two round access ports. Out of the way when I don't need it and easy access when I do.

Attachments

• winterizing hose.JPG
    winterizing hose.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 686

smday

Again this is a great thread. There are some ideas i wouldn't have thought of. I will keep some of these ideas for when we get the new trailer to make our lives easy too. Keep up the great work.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
And so it begins...

Oh no Duane.
I am worried now that winter is setting in.You wont be adding much more to this great list of well thought out additions/modifications now that we have a cover.
I think we need to keep it stocked and do a southern trip if the weather gets to be more than we can handle. I know you are getting ready to bring EVERYTHING inside like you did the boat but we are running out of room. So what can we safely leave inside our toy just in case we need to warm up a bit..??
You have done an amazing job with all the well thought out modifications. I should hire you out to companies to test such products. Like Duane said in one of his first posts, he leaves nothing untouched!! Imagine what he would do if he spend more time on this great product.. it just keeps getting better and better.
This is just my little way of saying thank you for all the months of research into the perfect product. Your trip out to visit the factories, modifying your truck and making sure this addition to our family has already paid off big time.
Our first rally, all our great new friends and now looking forward to all the neat trips we already have planned with out new Heartland Family should make our cold winter pass quicker... I hope so anyways..
Time will tell but I know you probably will finish a few more additions to this thread.
Well done hubby~~
Thank you again for our wonderful Cyclone..

porthole

Retired
Another update.
I finished the bedroom headboard shelf, not a real good match with the stain. I ended up using 1 part cherry, 1 part chestnut (minwax).
It looked good on the sample, but is a little dark. Doesn't show too bad.

Attachments

• D30_6029.JPG
    D30_6029.JPG
    464.9 KB · Views: 814
  • D30_6030.JPG
    D30_6030.JPG
    458.5 KB · Views: 1,121