Where to find America the Beautiful sites

bassman

I have just obtained an America the Beautiful pass and now need to know where all of these sites are located. Can anyone advise if there are derectories available and if so how and where to obtain them. Thanks!

2010augusta

The America the beautiful pass is the annual pass to get into national parks and monuments.

1. Where is the Annual Pass honored? The Forest Service, National Park Service, Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, and Bureau of Reclamation honor the Annual Pass at sites where Entrance or Standard Amenity Fees are charged. (See below for agency websites).
    Note: The Army Corps of Engineers does not currently issue or honor the Annual Pass.
  2. Where can I find information about Federal recreation lands?
Camping is not normally covered by the pass.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
America The Beautiful is also available as a lifetime pass for US citizens, 62 years or older. $10. Also good at Corp of Engineers campgrounds for a half price rate. Some state parks honor them as well.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bassman, start with Montana. There many beautiful places there.

Cookie, well it looks like you and are the right age now.

MONEY

I'm bias but the north shore on lake superior,MN is excellent in the fall. Full of campgrounds from Duluth to Grand Marias. Taylors Falls,MN/WI. St Croix splits the two states (MN side is better of course). is full of campgrounds and water parks.

Attachments

• Firefox_wallpaper.jpg
    Firefox_wallpaper.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 3
  • nomad2.jpg
    nomad2.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 4

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well if you would really like to use that card you can start by going to Glacier National Park, go over the "Road to the Sun" and make a trip to Bowman Lake.

DSC_3333.jpg

There are a lot of places to see here. You might wear out that card if you don't watch out.

BC

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
America The Beautiful is also available as a lifetime pass for US citizens, 62 years or older. $10. Also good at Corp of Engineers campgrounds for a half price rate. Some state parks honor them as well.

Peace
Dave
Great value. I have one and used it quite a bit last year on my trip to Montana. It allows you access to the parks. Camping is extra.

Keith

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Well if you would really like to use that card you can start by going to Glacier National Park, go over the "Road to the Sun" and make a trip to Bowman Lake.

DSC_3333.jpg

There are a lot of places to see here. You might wear out that card if you don't watch out.

BC
Yep, was there last year. Only the day I visited it was raining off and on and I was on my motorcycle, but still extrememly beautiful!! (that was my BH days - That's Before Heartland, not Big Horn)

Keith

2010augusta

We used our annual parks pass at 28 or 32 parks last year. So I think we got our $80 worth, let see if we carry a 2 and bring down a 6..... it works out to about $2.75 a park. Now that is a lotta bang for your buck;)

PUG

Pug
Just picked mine up yesterday at sawtooth natl rec area here in s idaho. I was just a kid before that and didnt qualify

bassman

America the Beautiful pass

These passes used to be called access passes. Yes they are good at any national park, US forest, Bureau of Land Mgmt. Just google " access pass" and you will find lots of info.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
These passes use to be called Golden Passport and if your 62 or older it cost $10. I have had mine since 2006. Used it at least a dozen times this year. Don't leave home with out it.
BC