Gardens RV Village - Crossville, TN

jbeletti

Dave - plenty of room between the car and RV for the golf cart :) That space is open (looks like a wall there but there isn't).

Ted - The Gardens is a great place. If you want info from there, PM or email me your mailing address and I will pass it along to Tim Wilson, the developer.

Randy and Santha - Thanks y'all :)

MC9 - we will eat in mostly. I have tried to balance cost / function and indoor / outdoor living. Plan to do a fair amount of grilling outdoors. Indoors, I will have a pretty nice complement of kitchen hardware to get the job done. Just priced the kitchen and laundry appliances out and I am approaching 17k MSRP. Not pro-grade stuff, be pretty decent.

MC9

My apologies Jim, I didn't read the fine print. Thought the pantry was the kitchen. whew!! Like you we did the great room bit.

jbeletti

My apologies Jim, I didn't read the fine print. Thought the pantry was the kitchen. whew!! Like you we did the great room bit.

The open floor plan for the kitchen/family room is similar to what we have now in our townhome and we love it. The new one is larger though - it's about 30 x 27 versus 30 x 17 in the townhome.

Jim

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Jim - Nat & I just ran by The Gardens (cuz we are camping in Crossville for the weekend) and was very impressed with the community. The road to phase 6 wasn't opened so we couldn't get over to your site but can't wait till it's finished. Keep us updated on estimate complete time and we'll have to through a "new home party".
B--

jbeletti

Hi Byrd,

They have sold 8 of the 14 lots in in phase 6 now - I think. My design is being entered into the CAD system by the developer now. Hope to have a price soon! We expect to break ground early spring and close late fall. Yes to an open house! Once construction starts, I will be putting pictures online. Also, when we arrive at a final floor plan, I will post that updated image too.

Go Vols!

Jim

loafer

Hey Jim
What a great concept perfect for your rig and a base to travel from . Looking forward to following the build online here.
Keep up the good work looks like you may end up living in the rig for awhile till its built.
Congrats
Bill

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Jim - my only concern, and you probably thought of this already, is that the rv garage door in the existing units will not accommodate (oops spelling) the height of our BC. Our rig with the second AC unit is just over 13' and the highest clearance on the existing units is 12'9". We couldn't get our rig in - which would be a concern to us.

jbeletti

Bill, yes, we'll likely live in the RV for a number of months depending on when our homenin Il sells.

Byrd, some of the older homes were built with shorter doors. Guess they had short RVs. Each owner can build what they want. We are going with a 14 foot door as are most newer homes built there in the last several years.

Jim

porthole

Retired
I got the impression from the community you are going too as well as a few others I have looked at, that it seems in the beginning of these communities their thoughts were for the more affluent whose RV's were usually class A's. So 12'6 doors made sense.

Now that 5th wheels are becoming the so much more popular you have the 13"6 requirement, at least for those with toy haulers.

Jim - just a point of interest for you to check on your build. A friend of mine had a 13' door built for has new custom garage that was to house his 35' Donzi.
When it was done the actual opening, thanks to a screw up with both framing and the floor he ended up with a 12'4" "hole. 2" less then what he needed!

jbeletti

Hi Duane,

I believe you are right on the reason for the lower doors on the older homes. The development is about 15 years old. I think even for resale, a 14 foot door should be considered. But with that 14 foot door comes the expense of a higher interior. I think a lot of folks consider this their last home and are not thinking of resale. Can't take the proceeds with you :)

I will check in on construction next year as often as my schedule allows.

Jim

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Hey Jim,
Found out this weekend that we have friends that live right behind where you house will be. We were camping in Crossville at Bean Pot Campgrounds and they camped with us. They have an Alfa See Ya MH. Good people. Marlene and Glenn Thomas. She has something to do with the home owners Assoc.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Jim,
Couple of things I may have missed in your "blueprint". How about a door from the RV garage midway somewhere, as into the kitchen? Sure would save some steps when loading up. Sewer cleanout? I'm jealous. When we are heading to Gatlinburg at Mardi Gras time, not with the RV, we'll have to stop by and say hi!

jbeletti

Hey Jim,
Found out this weekend that we have friends that live right behind where you house will be. We were camping in Crossville at Bean Pot Campgrounds and they camped with us. They have an Alfa See Ya MH. Good people. Marlene and Glenn Thomas. She has something to do with the home owners Assoc.

Very cool Lee and Linda. I am sure I have met them by now too. Out home has begun. They are probably framing by now.

jbeletti

Jim,
Couple of things I may have missed in your "blueprint". How about a door from the RV garage midway somewhere, as into the kitchen? Sure would save some steps when loading up. Sewer cleanout? I'm jealous. When we are heading to Gatlinburg at Mardi Gras time, not with the RV, we'll have to stop by and say hi!

Betty,

A visit would be neat. In the final design, we have 2 entrances into the home from the garage. One at each end. Entering into the kitchen on the long wall wasn't what we wanted. But we could always add it later if we feel it's needed.

porthole

Retired
Jim, glad you invited the Gardens to the rally. Although that is in the distant future it was good to see and talk to the people that make it work. And I looked at your blueprints - awesome!