Retama Village - Mission, TX

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Retama Village is an RV based residential community in the Rio Grande Valley. It is a 55+ community adjacent to the Bentsen Palm State Park at the Rio Grande River, which accepts Motor Coaches, 5th Wheels and Travel Trailers which are commercially manufactured and acceptable in appearance and condition.

- 5 hours south of San Antonio, TX

Development Information
- Development website: http://www.bentsenpalm.com/retama.php
- Developer: Mike Rhodes
- Sales Rep: Bill Bevington
- Phone: 956-522-3751
- Email: billb@mlrhodes.com

Age of Community
- 3 years old

Type of RV Community
- Casita Homes with RV Ports
- RV Lots with Coach House
- Conventional Homes

Home Types
- Casita Homes w/RV Ports have court yards connecting the house to the RV port, with several styles to choose from, in 1,2 and 3 bedrooms
- RV Lots w/Coach House are available in two sizes
- Conventional homes are 1,2 and 3 bedrooms and come in several styles

• Size of lots - RV lots start at 40x80 feet. Home lots vary in size
  • Cost of lots - RV lots start at approximately $46,000
  • Cost of homes - Casita w/RV Port and Conventional homes start at $139,000
  • Maintenance fees and what they include - start at $130 a month on smallest RV lots and increase based on size of lot and landscaping. Includes grass cutting and landscape maintenance of individual lot, common areas and Club and pool complex
  • Your experience with this community - We purchased an RV lot in Retama in November of 2007. It has turned out to be the single most wonderful decision we've ever made! Not only do we love the community, but we actually really enjoy the fact that it's RV based and all of our neighbors are RVer's with like interest.
  • Your recommendation of this community - Anyone looking for a great place to call "home", and looking for a nice property to invest in, this is the place. The value of our lot has already risen several thousand dollars based on recent re-sales of lots in phase I. The area is a tropical location with some of the best weather we've experienced in the winter months. I would do it again in a heartbeat...fact is, if I could afford it, I'd buy another lot just to rent out. Several of our neighbors have done this and the lots pay for the costs of upkeep with just several months of rental in the winter months.

jbeletti

I have visited Retama and LOVE IT!

My observations and impressions:

• Well thought out master plan
  • Very nice and huge clubhouse and pool
  • Paved roads
  • Well maintained grounds
  • Casita lots are nice sized
  • Lots of flexibility in fitting out your own casita coach home
  • RV port homes are stunning with a lot of flexibility in plans
  • Excellent value (lots and homes)
  • Awesome place to winter in
  • Hot in the summer
  • I enjoyed my short stay in the Rio Grande Valley (RGV)
Retama also has a group of owners that rent out their sites. They have a website with rental information for those that may have an interest. Here's the site link.

Jim

Last edited: