Help! We've sprung another leak!!

lelandpa

Set up camp last night, after the city water connection was on for about 30 minutes water began dripping from underneath the trailer. It has been back to the dealer twice for the same issue. They first fixed the outside shower, then replaced the pump, I am not taking it back there again. We are going to attempt to fix it ourselves. Any ideas on where to start looking? :confused:

2010augusta

Take the access panel out and look for where the water puddle starts. There are lots of fitting and connections, and any of them can leak.

jgallego

I had three leaks just behind the universal docking station. You have to remove the access panel to get to it. I also had a leak on the sewer line coming down from the toilet. Had to replace a section. This was on my first outing.

Jaime

Rmcgrath53

I have had to have three outside shower fixtures installed. The first one from the factory right away with an identical shower fixture. The second one leaked at the plactic fitting. I then bought an upgraded outside shower. No more leaks. Also my hot water tank leaked at the fitting. I fixed that one myself.That outside shower fixture, I think cost the factory $5.00.

lelandpa

Looks like we may have found the problem (fingers crossed) leaky fitting at the tank. Water is back on and so far so good, thanks for the suggestions.

cableman

Good luck on your leak issues, We just bought the same unit. Just ot back from a weekend getaway and discovered the slide has been leaking and the wall paper is bubbled. Gotta call the dealer this week and make an appointment. It has been almost 3 months so we were planning on taking it in to do the punch list.

lelandpa

Cableman, does your slide have an awning over it? Ours does and I wasn't sure if it was on from factory or if the previous owners had it installed. Thankfully we haven't had any leaks at the slide, however this is our fourth plumbing leak. I hope your dealer is alot easier to deal with than ours in getting your leak taken care of.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Looks like we may have found the problem (fingers crossed) leaky fitting at the tank. Water is back on and so far so good, thanks for the suggestions.

Glad you found the problem. You are probably better off doing it yourself this way you have a better understanding of what is going on behind those walls.

Good luck,
Mark

lelandpa

We sprung several more leaks over the course of the weekend. The water pressure was so high at the campground the leaks just kept popping up. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I realize everywhere we go will have different water pressures, it sure would be nice not to be constantly tightening fittings.

Two Hands

You should be using a regulator when you connect to city water. I finally started using an adjustable regulator with a built in gauge that I got from Camping World. It works very well but it is a little too fragile.

2010augusta

here is my solution just a regular home style water regulator with a couple fitting to fit the Landmark plumbing. total cost about $30.00 and NO flow restrictions.

Attachments

• Pressure Regulator.JPG
    Pressure Regulator.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 45

cableman

No we don't have an awning over the slide. That may be in the future if we can't get it stopped.

lelandpa

Thank you for all the suggestions. We will be in a seasonal sight next summer and the campground also requires an incoming water check valve (not sure why?) but we will be adding a regulator to our hardware store list too.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I always us a water regulator when I connect to the shore services. Here is what I use...
Watts Adjustable 263A Regulator, 2" diameter 0-160 gauge, 4-4.5 gpm
http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/images/Watts263AwGauge.jpg

Along with other options..
http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/PressureRegulators.htm

We went to one campground that warned that the pressure was about 160psi.

This is what we do.
BC

Or use the Watts N55BG regulator. It's preset for 50 psi, is adjustable (why?), and has a higher gpm flow rate than the 263A. The cost is only a few dollars more. Couple it with a filtration system and you're in business.