2007 Big Horn Warranty Issue

dicnsan

I guess this is really a question to see if anyone else has experienced the following issue with Heartland.
We purchased a 2007 Bighorn 5th. Wheel in July of 08. When we were on a trip in Sept. 09 we noticed the side and underside of the coach by the hitch was seperating. We took the coach to Richardson's RV in Sun City Ca. and they evaluated the issue. Richardson's said they would have to replace the cover around the hitch as well as the rails holding the sides together. They said the bolts were pulling out and they would need to brace it back together. They then contacted Heartland to see if they would cover the repair. It Clearly is a structural issue.
Well wonder of wonders Heartland said it wasn't covered because basically it is 3 months past factory warranty. Bottom line it will cost $2,400 to repair.
Two questions has anybody else had these issues with Heartland and if so did you get any relief.
Secondly does anyone have the names and e-mails, phone numbers of the COO, CEO, CFO etc of Heartland RV's.
We've had multiple issues with our coach since we bought it. Leaking landing gear mechanism, bad toilet that Heartland wouldn't replace, broken holding tank cables, TV that was defective, DVD player that had to be replaced, 5 tires went out in the first 5K miles, converter that went out. Luckily we took out and extended warranty which covered the converter and holding tank cable.

Thanks for any help any one can give us.
Dick and Sandy
Tags:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dick, you can call Heartland Cust Service at 877-262-8032. You should have your VIN ready when you call. This number is for Lippert Components, the manufacturer of the frame. 866-524-7821 You can certainly call them and plead your case. explain the situation and try to remain professional and calm. You never know! We also have a 2007 Bighorn and I have had concerns regarding the frame and it's strength in the hitch area. While traveling west this fall I monitored it closely and it seems that nothing has moved. I think I can attribute a lot of that to the Trail Air Hitch. It sure does absorb a lot of punishment that would normally go directly to the frame.

geeksrus

I understand that the CEO is Brian Brady.

BTW: I wrote him a couple of months ago about the problems I had with my unit. Never heard back from him.

Eh!

We have cracked Corian countertops that happened after the 1 yr warranty. The extended warranty doesn't cover countertops... No help from Heartland.