Miss the Bighorn

This week we took our 3370RL to the dealer because of a seperation and cracking on the side by the bedroom slide out, and some sort of axel problem.:mad: The dealer called us and told us to come on down and take everything out because they are shipping it back to Heartland for the repairs.:confused:
I called the factory and talked to Chris and he told me they had indead requested it back for the repairs.:eek:
Just need it back by March because of a couple of trips and then the Oregon rally and National rally.:D
After reading a couple of the forums about shoddy repairs from Heartland I started getting a little nervious, but then remembered all of the great service I've had and all of the other members have had and decided no matter what happens Heartland will find a way to take care of the problem. I will never give up the Heartland product.:angel:
So far I have convinced 1 friend into buying the Sundance, and now another is going to by the Bighorn.:D My son is even looking at the Bighorn.
I still miss the Bighorn and miss seeing it setting next to the house.:mad:

jimtoo

Hi Al and Donna,

Yep, it would hard not to see one of your favorite things each day when you go outside, I know we would miss ours. But I have a feeling when you get the Bighorn back it will be better than new and you will have a great camping trip and reunion.:D

I did move your post to the General Discussion area, this way everyone can reply or comment.

Jim M

2010augusta

Al and Donna, I feel your pain, we had ours in the shop for a month, but we have no other place to live so it was a month in a motel:(. I am sure Heartland will do you right. Take care, and maybe we will see you at the Oregon Rally.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Al, if you are refering to the post by a person that had a repair done that looked like 12 tubes of caulking was used to repair their coach. I think the "jury" is still out on that one. I never have seen HL paint anything while doing a fiberglass repair. Maybe, just maybe that person was just told that HL did the repair. We hope they post back with an explanation as to what really happened. Maybe a dealer that lied?? Who knows. JMHO Bob:D

Jim, Alan & Bob
Your answers make me feel better, but I'd feel better if I was pulling the 5er and knowing I would make it to Indiana. I look forward to meeting you all at the 2 rallys in 2010. Then I can brag about how well Heartland did on the fix. Also I will let everyone on the forums know also. Too much negitive feedback. I do trust Heartland with my unit or it wouldn't be going back there. Thanks for the answers guys

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Al and Donna,
Sorry to hear that you have to go through this but it is sure to get better. That will give you a good as new rig to bring to the Oregon Rally!
Kristy

sharmulst

Sorry to hear about your problems, but we know that Heartland will take care of you. We are fulltimers and had to be out of ours for 10 days in Sept. They fixed cracks in the sidewall as well as flexing in forward overhang area. We couldn't be happier with the job that the factory did. Hope to see everyone in Nashville in July.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We have a 3370RL also and have exactly the same problem that you have. I bought mine from Camping World and did not really want to take my unit back there so Jim Fenner said I can bring it in after the April rally in Houston. I have seen the work Fenner and his crew are capable of and I trust them.