Thread: 5th Wheel Cover Choices: NDC or Cover King?

1. Print this Post   #1
    Heartland Owner

5th Wheel Cover Choices: NDC or Cover King?

I am considering buying a 5th Wheel cover and these options look good. The first two are about the same cost and the last is half the cost:

- Coverking, which uses a 600 denier woven polyester (http://www.coverkingcarcovers.com/Co...RV-Covers.html)

- National Discount Covers Goldine, which uses a 300 denier woven polyester (http://www.nationaldiscountcovers.co.../cc-fw3638.htm)

- National Discount Covers Expedition -- economy line (like the price), which is compared with Tyvek but has a longer warranty (http://www.nationaldiscountcovers.co...tCode=EXFW3337)

If you have any experiences with this, please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

2. Print this Post   #2
    Virginia Chapter Leaders klindgren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmchad View Post
    I am considering buying a 5th Wheel cover and these options look good. The first two are about the same cost and the last is half the cost:

- Coverking, which uses a 600 denier woven polyester (http://www.coverkingcarcovers.com/Co...RV-Covers.html)

- National Discount Covers Goldine, which uses a 300 denier woven polyester (http://www.nationaldiscountcovers.co.../cc-fw3638.htm)

- National Discount Covers Expedition -- economy line (like the price), which is compared with Tyvek but has a longer warranty (http://www.nationaldiscountcovers.co...tCode=EXFW3337)

If you have any experiences with this, please let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    rmchad,

If price is a concern, look in the "for sale" forum. I have a brand new, never been out of the box Tyvek cover for sale. It's for 5th wheel, 34 to 37 feet long. $200 + shipping (around $30).

Keith

Keith & Carol Lindgren
    and Princess BoBo
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    2015 Landmark Newport
    2014 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat 6.7 L twin turbo dually
    HOC # 1186

3. Print this Post   #3

I was looking for a cover too, put it up here for input.

Ended up just getting an Adco from camping world last month during the sale, $310 for the top of the line cover.
    Last edited by porthole; 11-30-2009 at 02:18 AM.
    Duane & Debbie with Regis & Baylee
    RIP camping buddies Cagney, Misty, my Molly & Gungy
    2011 F-350 DRW

Rallies & campouts:
    2012 - 7
    2013 - 8
    2014 - 9
    2015 - 8
    2016 - 8
    2017 - 9
    2018 - 8 so far

Mods
    --- Topic index --- TST TPMS --- SAT TV --- Onan issues --- Hensley TS-3 :-( --- Ramp failure

4. Print this Post   #4

FYI...you can find a lot of complaints of covers wearing the edges of the rubber roof on campers. Unless you can secure the covers in such a way where it cannot flap at all in wind, the covers can and do wear through the rubber roof.

5. Print this Post   #5
    Heartland Owner

Quote Originally Posted by klindgren View Post
    rmchad,

If price is a concern, look in the "for sale" forum. I have a brand new, never been out of the box Tyvek cover for sale. It's for 5th wheel, 34 to 37 feet long. $200 + shipping (around $30).

Keith

Thanks Keith -- I will keep that in mind.

6. Print this Post   #6
    Heartland Owner

Quote Originally Posted by biggziff View Post
    FYI...you can find a lot of complaints of covers wearing the edges of the rubber roof on campers. Unless you can secure the covers in such a way where it cannot flap at all in wind, the covers can and do wear through the rubber roof.
    Now, that is interesting -- so I wonder if no cover and the UV impacts are the better choice compared to a cover and possible wear from wind movement? I have one friend who has used a very heavy cover for the last 10 years and it has worked very well -- I also know he ties it down well. Maybe heavy is better?

7. Print this Post   #7

Quote Originally Posted by rmchad View Post
    Now, that is interesting -- so I wonder if no cover and the UV impacts are the better choice compared to a cover and possible wear from wind movement? I have one friend who has used a very heavy cover for the last 10 years and it has worked very well -- I also know he ties it down well. Maybe heavy is better?
    That would seem to be a logical conclusion. Heavy could lead to less movement of the cover in wind.

8. Print this Post   #8
    Original Owners Club Member jmgratz's Avatar

Maybe that is why I have seen unmounted tires on roofs. (to hold the cover down)
    Jim & Sheila Gratz - owners club #1018 Workamping as Sales Associate with SE Publications Certified RV Walk-through Technician [/I] 2013 Landmark San Antonio - full body paint - Fulltimer pkg, Yetti pkg etc., Mor-Ryde IS with never lube bearings and disc brakes. --previous 5er - 2007 "Classic" Landmark "Golden Gate" Replaced 9/20/13 2012 Ford F350 King Ranch Crew Cab fx4 dually, 6.7 L Husky Trailer Saver TS2 hitch "visit TEXAS - it's like a whole 'nuther country" Rally Site 414

9. Print this Post   #9

When covering my parents class-A we have to wrap a rope all the way around the coach every 4' of its length to minimize the flapping, and it still noticeably "buffs" areas of the finish.
    Alan, Sandy, and 2 Corgis, Molly and Baxter

10. Print this Post   #10

Quote Originally Posted by klindgren View Post
    rmchad,

Keith
    Where were you 3 weeks ago when I was looking for that exact cover
    Duane & Debbie with Regis & Baylee
    RIP camping buddies Cagney, Misty, my Molly & Gungy
    2011 F-350 DRW

Rallies & campouts:
    2012 - 7
    2013 - 8
    2014 - 9
    2015 - 8
    2016 - 8
    2017 - 9
    2018 - 8 so far

Mods
    --- Topic index --- TST TPMS --- SAT TV --- Onan issues --- Hensley TS-3 :-( --- Ramp failure