Big Horn in hibernation.

CrazyScotsman

Well, we went down Friday to the dealership in Gamaliel AR, spent the night there, then Saturday they checked the Horn over from top to bottom, and then winterized it. So it's back home again parked behind that pain in the rear Pine tree grrrr. So it probably won't be used again till spring, in the mean time I will probably get the Volvo set up for towing the Horn and sell the F350, that's hardly ever get's used anymore.
It sure was nice weather the last 2 days, almost 70, so it made it nice getting out in the Horn one last time this year.
We are sorry to see it put up, but I have to leave this week, and probably won't be home till sometime in the new year, so we had to get it winterized before I leave.:(:(:(

Netem

I know how you feel Ken, the Sundance is winterized and in the carport for the winter. Its only Nov and I'm already thinking about spring.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yup, mine's all buttoned up and in the storage yard. I pulled it's heart (battery) out and put it in my garage. That way I can defibrillate it every now and then.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I am with you guys and I have to look at it every day:(which makes me want to go even more. Kathy:)

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
Sorry to hear all of you have to put you trailers into hibernation. I live in central ca. in the foothills about 2000'. and we use ours year around. We are headed for a little get together with about six or seven sob's to New Melones reservoir, which we have been doing for about five or six years. Dec. 31 thru Jan 4th. If any body in ca. is interested come on up. It's all dry camping but a great time. The fishing in Dec. is great.

jnbhobe

:( Every morning when I open up my office, I turn off the alarm turn around and theres the Horn. Just sitting there stareing at me, begging to get out.:mad: :mad: :mad:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ken, I have an idea for Christmas this year. I think you should suprise Elaine with a fresh cut Christmas tree. I think she would like that. What do you think?

Peace
Dave

rick_debbie_gallant

Sorry to hear y'all cry about having your rigs in moth balls. Ya got to stop it though. My screen is starting to run and it is getting hard to read the posts through the tears.;) Went fishing today at Charlie's Pasture on Mustang Island in Port Aransas, Tx. Must have caught about 60 to 70 fish. Got a little sun burn but I think I will be okey, so dont worry none. Hey life is a beach but someone has to keep the fish population under control. I guess I will have to do. Now where is that sunscreen?:rolleyes:

CrazyScotsman

Dave and Jon, I'll let you guys come down and cut that tree down while I am on the road, that way I won't get in trouble.
It's like a Christmas tree now,she has got lights all over it, she paid someone a couple of weeks ago to come and put lights on it. Good thing is she can't get the extension cord plugged in till I move the Volvo, it's in the way. :) :)

truknutt

Committed Member
Yup know the feeling. We settled the old girl in her docking station last month. She and her "Beast" are washed, waxed and detailed until Spring! "RALLY-HO!!" ;)

Attachments

• docked.jpg
    docked.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 33