Favorite rv area in Estes Park, CO

jenlou

We have a family reunion in July at Estes Park. It will be held at YMCA. But, we would like to take our new Bighorn. I've been looking at some reviews of RV parks in Estes. But, many are not favorable. Sidehills, dirt, small spaces.....Do any of you have favorites that you enjoy in Estes. Thanks for any feedback. Looks like we are in for another snowstorm in NW Kansas. We were supposed to go to Fairplay, CO, for Christmas........have to see how things go weather wise. Merry Christmas to all of you.

Tom of Ypsi

We stayed at Boyd Lake State Park, Loveland, Co and just drove up to Estes Park and surrounding areas. We were there in early May 09 and it was still cold and snowy above Estes. Nice park and reasonable rates.

skyguy

Hi Jenlou

Are you friends with the Gardners of St Francis? They attended the Fall Colorado Rally Estes Park. We stayed at Spruce Lake RV. The space was big enough for our 3670, but it was tight manuevering to get into. They are right on the Big Thompson, and have a small private lake where you can fish for a fee.

I would rate Spruce Lake as just OK, nothing special. They really pack them in there. Service from employees OK - again, nothing special.

If I had my choice, I would have stayed outside Estes, and NOT had to haul the BH up to and THRU Estes, and then back DOWN after the Rally. I was concerned about my brakes when we got intraffic coming down, but were OK.

Hopefully Randy Reano will chime in, he had a favorite RV park I think near Loveland that got pretty good reviews.

Being a teacher, I understand you have a limited schedule, but JULY?? The only folks who won't be in Rocky Mountain NP in July will be the ones at Grand Canyon or Yellowstone... Can you say crowded?

Lastly, I would invite you to join the Heartland Owners Club, and hopefully attend one of our Colorado Rallys when your schedule permits...

jenlou

Thanks for the info. I know....July......2 years we hosted the reunion in September in NW KS. The CO people are hosting in Estes. Maybe it will just be easier to stay at the YMCA. Thanks......Merry Christmas.

rjr6150

Hi Jenlou
Kathy and I have stayed at a park just outside of Loveland called Riverview. Couple of years ago was featured in Trailer Life as one of the top 10 romantic parks not sure would agree with that. It is a nice park and if you stay request a site on the river nothing like sitting in the lawn chair and listening to the water. Only drawback we've found there if you have verizon for cell service your dead in the water.

Like Skyguy said we'd love to see you at the CO. chapter rally in May.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
We stayed at Jellystone park about 5 years ago. Our family got together from 4 states to surprise my Mom on her 70th birthday. The crew at Jellystone were great to work with and helped us with Moms party. The downfall was the campsites were up hill and not easy to park in. I got the HHII 30 ft. in a spot but it was a struggle. My Big Horn would never would have fit.

jenlou

Thanks. Someone told us about Riverview. We might look into that. We are going to try to make it to the May Rally. Already trying to keep my 2 personal days for that. Yea! Can't wait. We went to the storage building yesterday to look at our BH. Still waiting for that maiden voyage. Spring where are you!