problems with apollo half time microwave oven

rick_debbie_gallant

I am having problems opening the door on my microwave oven. Has any one else had problems with this. I have to insert my finger nails (what little I have) between the door and the frame in order to open the door. What kind of warranty does this thing have. Gosh I hope it is more than 90 days.
I may have to put a string on the door and use it as a door handle. I have the Applo Half Time Microwave. Model # AAC24BIB. SERIAL #: 2408140200. Any ideas????

jimtoo

Hi Rick and Debbie,

I moved your post over to the Midwest Sales and Service area, as they are the ones that can give you an answer to your question. You should hear something from them probably on Monday, they are very good about replying and checking the forum.
Thanks for all your information you provided, I'm sure it will help them to know what unit you have.

Jim M

rick_debbie_gallant

Nope. We are in Fulton, until tomorrow and then we are heading out. Going to take a week to get to St Augustine, Fl.

Thinking of going to Galveston for our first stop, unless you have another suggestion. Any idea how the recovery is going?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I have heard that they are cutting down all the large trees on the island now. I heard that the state park has partially reopened and there is a private park on the west end of the island that is open. There used to be a couple of private parks on Offats Bayou, but I don't know if they're open or not. There are a couple of nice parks on the mainland near Galveston.

csalmons

I am having problems opening the door on my microwave oven. Has any one else had problems with this. I have to insert my finger nails (what little I have) between the door and the frame in order to open the door. What kind of warranty does this thing have. Gosh I hope it is more than 90 days.
I may have to put a string on the door and use it as a door handle. I have the Applo Half Time Microwave. Model # AAC24BIB. SERIAL #: 2408140200. Any ideas????
Rick and Debbie<

Please give us a call regarding your door. It sounds like you have a defective door latch release. It's an easy fix and we will be happy to assist you with that.

**not really relevant, but my husband is a civilian firefighter at a local AFB** we were stationed in Tucson when he was in the Air Force.

Anyway, safe travels and please give us a call! 800-772-7262!

signguy

I had that problem on my Edge, and all that was necessary was to slightly loosen and adjust the metal trim pieces that surround the actual oven cabinet. Apparently they sometimes "tweak" a bit while bouncing down the road and this puts just enough pressure on the door frame to make it stick when you push the latch in. Takes about 30 seconds to fix...

roadtramp

Even though some people are having problems with their Apollo Half Time Oven, you cannot find a better cooking unit anywhere. It is worth the trouble to repair it instead of trying to find another brand that will work for you. Most of the problems are actually minor and only seem to be a major problem if you are on the road somewhere.