New Problems

phoenix50

I have 2 Tech questions?
I had my coach winterized after extensive repairs this past winter but the RV Center failed to do winterize it properly resulting in a frozen pipe leak and now the toilet does not hold water. Is it easy to replace the gasket or could it be something else?
Also I had the baggage doors replaced with top hinge doors but I cannot keep them open all the way. I open them wide but then they come down slowly. Any suggestions on keeping them up?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The toilet not holding water is most likely due to the seal ring around the ball valve seat. Sometimes, just wiping it with a cloth or paper towel will take care of it. In your owner's kit, there should be a white stick, looks like a big popsicle stick, with a piece of abrasive on it. That's for cleaning that seal.

As for the baggage doors, I can only guess, but it sounds like your gas struts are either not sufficiently strong or are mounted in the wrong position. When you open the fully, it may be beyond their functional range. Just a guess, though.

noobee

Re the toilet: after cleaning the seal with the 'popsicle stick', turn off the water and spray the ball area with PLEDGE, open & close a few times. Then spray & little pledge while the ball is closed & let sit for 5 minutes.

CS

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've got the SeaLand toilet. Until I read a post on this forum some time ago, I didn't know what it (the popsicle stick) was for.

lhetsler

We lost our "stick" a while back and we use a regular toilet cleaning brush, Spinning it around the seal while open and letting the seal close a little and spinning it cleans it up and no more leaking. I also use furniture polish and it seam to work well. This happens maybe once or twice a year.

imchud

My toilet... when I use the dry powder in the tank sometimes the grit from the powder will get under the seal and cause the bowl not to hold water... I just take a toilet brush hold open the foot valve and scrub around the seal -- It will clean out the grit... as for problem # 2 --- sorry I have no clue...

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ditto on spinning the toilet brush. I hate to blame my better half but she's a quick flusher and sometimes a very tiny piece of TP gets stuck in the seal and causes it to leak. You know, that thing called capillary action?