3Gstore Discounts for RV'ers

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
3G4Gexpert, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. Is it safe to assume you are filling Alex' position as our guru from the 3GStore?

Are there any offers available for those of us already having a router but might need an antenna?

Again, we welcome back the 3GStore.

3G4Gexpert, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. Is it safe to assume you are filling Alex' position as our guru from the 3GStore?

Are there any offers available for those of us already having a router but might need an antenna?

Again, we welcome back the 3GStore.

Yes, I will be answering any mobile broadband related questions that anyone has here :cool:

Currently we have the Wilson Sleek on sale plus the additional discount coupon for the RV community. The Wilson Sleek is great for boosting signal for any device that doesn't have an antenna port such as a phone or Verizon/Sprint MiFi or Overdrive.

JJnLilly

Glad to see an "expert" here. Last year we wintered in Texas and AT&T was the only carrier available with good service. I had been using Sprint and added a data plan to tether my laptop, but as AT&T was it - went with an AT&T aircard I bought on eBay. Soon dumped Sprint and picked up an AT&T phone from #2 son. Now am looking at tethering my recently acquired Nokia E71 for the winter rather than using the aircard again.

I personally recommend Verizon aircards for RV'ers as they have more 3G coverage in more places compared to other carriers. They also cover a lot of more rural areas with 3G coverage too, so if you travel to places where cell towers are far and few in between, Verizon is more likely to have coverage.

You might want to checkout this article about the pro's & cons of tethering vs dedicated aircard: http://www.evdoinfo.com/content/view/2706/63/