Heartland Recreational Vehicles – Warranty/service Procedures

jbeletti

Heartland Recreational Vehicles – Warranty/Service Procedures

The following text in this post is being posted at the request of Heartland RVs. If you have a question about this process, please contact Heartland at the number listed below as Heartland does not monitor this thread. Thanks, Jim

January 1, 2007​

HEARTLAND RECREATIONAL VEHICLES – WARRANTY/SERVICE PROCEDURES​

Get a hold of Heartland's Customer Service Department at 574.262.8030. Let them know which part of the country you are calling from (Western States, Mid-West, or Eastern States), and they will put you through to the warranty rep. for your territory, and they can help you find a place to have the unit worked on.

Here's the way it works:

The #1 Choice
is always to have your Purchasing Dealer work on your coach. This is for many reasons, not the least of which is they have the most incentive to repair your coach quickly and provide you with the best possible customer service. You have every right to ask for, and expect them to work on your coach as soon as possible and their entire organization will be familiar with Heartland's parts/service/warranty process, including all of the correct paper work, familiarity with the parts ordering and warranty authorization processes.

The #2 Choice
is to work with a different Authorized Heartland Dealer. Authorized Heartland dealers will more often than not do their best to work you in, though they are always going to put their customers first, which can cause delays. They have a relationship with Heartland and familiarity with our parts/service/warranty processes - which is very beneficial to getting your coach repaired efficiently and correctly.

The #3 Choice is to work with an Independent Dealer who is not a Heartland dealer. The reason that this option is not always the best is because not only do they have no incentive to work on your coach quickly (a lot will only work on coaches that were purchased from their dealership). If they are not a Heartland dealer, they do not have the proper forms and contact information, which makes it more difficult during the whole parts ordering process, obtaining warranty approvals for their work, etc. They may also require you to pay for the work, instead of going through the processes to obtain their money from Heartland. If you choose this route for your repairs, be sure that the dealer obtains a written authorization from Heartland regarding what work is going to be done and how many hours are authorized. That way, there will be no surprises when the work in completed. Be sure to double check with Heartland to make sure they have approved and authorized the work so that you can be reimbursed under the terms of your warranty.

The #4 Choice is to work with an Independent RV Service Center. While they can typically get to your coach sooner than any non-purchasing dealer, they too often require payment from the customer up front. If you choose this route for your repairs, be sure that the dealer has a written authorization from Heartland regarding what work is going to be done and how many hours are authorized. That way, there will be no surprises when the work in completed and they hand you the bill. Be sure to double check with Heartland to make sure they have approved and authorized the work so that you can be reimbursed under the terms of your warranty.

NOTE: With options 3 & 4, customer re-imbursement will only be for the repairs that were pre-authorized. If the repair facility is willing to bill Heartland RV direct, we will pay them under the terms of our warranty claims process. Customer payment is based on the original receipt being sent in with a written request for payment.

Updated: 01-January-2007
First posted: 13-December-2006

Last edited:

ruskand

Transfer of warranties

Hi, I recently purchased a Heartland Sundance 3200ES. It was previously owned (for about 1 month I was told), but since I am no the original owner, I am told that none of the warranties transfer over. Is this true or does Heartland stand behind their product like an automobile manufacturer would to show that their product is good. Thanks, Russ

jpmorgan37

My suggestion would be contact Heartland Customer Service, have your VIN number handy, and ask them. There may be a reason why the dealer is selling it without any warranty.

seabee

Is this in the small print of the warranty,the other day I took my Big Horn in for warranty work and as we were doing the paper work I was told there was going to be a charge for the items the tech couldn't find and he told me Heartland wouldn't pay for the techs time trying to locate the things ,YIKS! I must of dream I had them wrong,now you ask did you go to a heartland repair shop and I say yes I did,I got to tell you never have I had to pay on a warranty item,there is more to this dream I had but trying to make since of it has got me seeing things,I run a repair shop of my own and if I couldn't find what was wrong at first I would ask the costumer to show me which most of the time they did before they left,guess I'm not a good business man but I can't ever CHARGED to not find the problem don't think I would of done much business.
I have not had this 3670 much more than two months love unit but this is a shake down and the bed makes for good sleeping just don't think we are dreaming about thing that are wrong.
seabee

ChopperBill

TAKE PICTURES! I had a fire place problem and my dealer fixed it but Heartland would not pay for it because the needed picture proof. luckily I purchase from my local dealer and they covered the expense.

jbeletti

seabee,

Sounds like a dealer policy. When you think about it, Heartland most likely reimburses dealers and other authorized service providers for performing warranty related repairs.

I suggest you contact Heartland's Customer Service department on Monday at 574-262-8030 to confirm their policy on paying for dealer diagnostic time when they cannot determine the problem.

Let us know how this works out.

Jim

seabee

Paying for problem out of pocket under warranty at dealer

:( OK Jim it just upset me as the things they said were not found I told the writer if you can't find something I was ten min away no searching was needed.I have done Home repair for a living and know something of what I am talking about after warranty I will work do most the repairs myself but Heatland won't let me at this time I;m not authorized and I understand so I will call Heartland and find out.Thank Jim
Bud :confused:

Wild Bill

Dedicated Bighorner
I found this forum because I was searching out this information. My nightmare is just beginning. I took pictures of course. Long story short... I just purchased an 07 3670RL and towed it up to Oregon. Rain water leaked up into the main living room slide and ruined my carpet. I was opening the kitchen slide and a cabinet door had opened up behind the slide and jammed up the slide tweaking it. The slide doesn't fit flush to the wall now. The dining room table rides against the kitchen island when the slide is closed, messing up the finish on the table and on the island. I'm a full timer so looks like I'm gonna be homeless for a while.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Wildbill...sorry to hear about your situation! I know that there are "blocks" that should be installed to eliminate water from intruding during transit...maybe they were missed on yours. Contact customer service or have your dealer check.

As for the cabinet door being open, experienced that on a previous unit, so before pulling in the slides I always secure cabinets that might open with ball bungees. I also have the issue with the table rubbing the island...I just place my table place mats on the edge of the table, draped over the edge, to protect it. Works great!

We fulltime too, and know what it's like to be "out of your home" when work is needed. Hope everything works out OK!

grizzlygiant

Wildbill....................... I know that there are "blocks" that should be installed to eliminate water from intruding during transit...maybe they were missed on yours. ....................

Please tell me about these "blocks". This is the first I have heard about them. I haver a BH3400

jpmorgan37

Gary;

Do a search for "Corner Blocks". There is a lot of information on them and I believe, pictures too. They are rubber blocks that are installed to keep water being thrown up by the tires from intruding under the slide and soaking the carpet.

John

Wild Bill

Dedicated Bighorner
Wildbill...sorry to hear about your situation! I know that there are "blocks" that should be installed to eliminate water from intruding during transit...maybe they were missed on yours. Contact customer service or have your dealer check.

As for the cabinet door being open, experienced that on a previous unit, so before pulling in the slides I always secure cabinets that might open with ball bungees. I also have the issue with the table rubbing the island...I just place my table place mats on the edge of the table, draped over the edge, to protect it. Works great!

We fulltime too, and know what it's like to be "out of your home" when work is needed. Hope everything works out OK!

Thank you. I appreciate the advice and your well wishes. I'm waiting for a call from a customer service rep right now. Hope all goes well.

WB

ChopperBill

Corner blocks were not available when we purchased ours. After several attempts and failures of the dealer fixing the corner problem I called Heartland. Corner blocks were sent to me in record time! I was unsure how to install them but looked at a rig that had them, it should be a simple job.

TrickyD

Wish I Had read this before we left home! However I won't start complaining until after I have talked to Heartland. Had to have $700 work done before we could leave North Dakota in the middle of a blizzard! Had to have the work done and did NOT get factory authorization first. Have all of the old parts replaced and will just have to see what the factory says. Tech said I was very lucky that my trlr battery was dead or I would surely have had a fire.
TrickyD

Dave

Traveling Two
What Happenied?

Wish I Had read this before we left home! However I won't start complaining until after I have talked to Heartland. Had to have $700 work done before we could leave North Dakota in the middle of a blizzard! Had to have the work done and did NOT get factory authorization first. Have all of the old parts replaced and will just have to see what the factory says. Tech said I was very lucky that my trlr battery was dead or I would surely have had a fire.
TrickyD

Did Heartland refund you any portion of your expense?//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon14.gif//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon13.gif

Dave

jimtoo

Gary;

Do a search for "Corner Blocks". There is a lot of information on them and I believe, pictures too. They are rubber blocks that are installed to keep water being thrown up by the tires from intruding under the slide and soaking the carpet.

John

This is in reference to the blocks they have referred to. I am pretty sure they are standard on all the units now.

JimM

TrickyD

Dave, yes I finally talked to Steve at Heartland and he stated they would look at the parts that were replaced and we will come to a satisfactory agreement! I have an appointment to bring the trailer in on June 1st (trying to verify this as the 1st is a Sunday?) but they want to go through the electrical totally to ensure no more problems
and they will also do several more minor repairs that I asked about. When all is said and done I will post the results IF appropriate.

TrickyD

sinkjk

Warranty over - Problems still exist

A good friend bought a 2007 Heartland Trailrunner in September of 2006. She has continued to have problems from day one The dealer has worked on it many times to this point but now, since it is 2 years later, they refuse to fix these problems under warranty, even though these problems first occurred under the warranty period. It has been nothing but a nightmare for her. She had had it in numerous times including taking it in for service in September of last year and not getting it back until December.:(

I have advised her to get all her records and known phone calls concerning the problems in order so we can present them. Any advice or experience in dealing with Heartland would be appreciated. Thanks..........

TrickyD

Well folks, I guess it is about time I posted the results for my impromptu brake failure.
All I can say is Fantastic!! I left the old parts that were replaced with Brian Hammer and everything worked out excellent! Everything was covered and we deposited the cheque today!
THANK YOU Heartland!!

TrickyD