Chemical that takes oxygen out of the air

patrick1945

I understand that there is a chemical that you can place in an open container that will take the oxygen out of the air in a closed up RV when you store it for the season. I am told that no oxygen means no mold, insects or mice.

Does anyone know what this is?

goodtruck

I think what you are talking about is not taking oxygen out of the air but to pull more moisture out of the air.There are a multitude of these products on the market and most of them work.when you use them make sure that the container you use is plastic because these chemicals are corrosive and will stain what ever you place them on even the sinks.We have used them for years in our boats that have been mored in clear lake Texas(very high humidity)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just a little FYI. This product is a mildewcide. It kills mildew. It also contains paraformaldahyde. Please read the MSDS for that ingredient.

Peace
Dave

MurrayN.

If you truly wanted to remove all the oxygen from the air to suffocate any insects or rodents do what some overseas shippers use in ocean containers and use about $100-200.00 of dry ice. Put in pans or open boxes in all areas of trailer and get the heck out and lock all doors. They will not sell this stuff to you if you don't pick it up with an open box truck because it will suffocate you before you know it. The melting dry ice removes all oxygen from the air and in an enclose area suffocates any living thing. Use with proper respect.

TedS

Dry ice would not remove oxygen, but will increase the concentration of carbon dioxide since dry ice is the solid form of carbon dioxide. A high concentration of CO2 will cause suffocation.