What Affinity Group...Good Sam, Passport America, AAA, CAA

dixdaman

I am curious about what group, if any, you have joined.
They all provide some excellent benefits, what I am looking for
is which group gives you the most "bang for your buck " and why
you choose one over the other. There are many who belong to
all of them...why?
Thanks.

GOTTOYS

I joined Passport last year but never used it. Probably won't sign up again. Joined Good Sam and got a $25.00 free night of camping for signing up so it cost me almost nothing. I use the 10% discount when I can. If you don't mind the junk mail it's probably worth it. I signed up for the Good Sam road service cause it was the cheapest. Hope I never need it. It was rated about as good as the others I looked at. No plans to join any others...Don

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I belong to Good Sam Club, Good Sam Roadside Service and Passport America. You should know your needs and check restrictions especially Passport America. If they have participant campgrounds where you want to travel and when you plan to travel you could save some money. A lot of the campgrounds have length of stay as well as time of year restrictions. But you may recover your fee in just a few stays at their campgrounds.

Peace
Dave

robnmo

We belong to Passport because it was a part of our 1000 trails, also belong to ROD but one or the other is very probably not going to get renewed in 2011 we just have to sort out which one goes. Also belong to Good Sam which provided us a discount when traveling through Kansas, but have only used it once since, not sure it's going to be renewed that one is still up in the air. We dropped AAA after being a member for 20 yrs when we signed up for AARP, their roadside assistance (not RV assistance) is equal to and 1/2 the price as AAA and many hotels/motels give a better discount for AARP vs AAA and most campgrounds provide the same discount for either, even if it's not advertised just simply asking most will give the discount.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We are members of Good Sam's Club and also have the Good Sam's Emergency Roadside Service. After getting Good Sam's ERS, we dropped AAA. We also are members of AARP but haven't used it as much except for hotels, etc.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We are Good Sam members (camp out frequently with our local GS chapter) and are also Good Sam ERS members.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We are members of Good Sam, Good Sam ERS, Passport America, Camp Club USA, Thousand Trails, Western Horizons, ROD, RPI, Coast to Coast, and have the KOA discount card. We have used them all as it just depends on where you are going. The Passport America and Camp Club USA are great for 50 percent discount on nightly rates, if only staying a night or two. One or two nights savings will pay for itself.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We are Lifetime Good Sam, GS Emergency Road Service, Coast to Coast, Escapees and KoA. We only camp at KOA for ovenite stays but the card is paid for usually within a night or two.

We belong to Good Sam because we like junk mail.

Vtxkid

Good Sams members along with AARP members... If you ever need to purchase great RV/ car insurance, we found GS insurance to save us a bundle. Couldn't believe what they saved us over State Farm and better RV coverage to top it off.

olcoon

We are new to RVing, (picked up our 5er in March, 2010) and got the free Passport America membership when we joined the Heartland Owners Group. So far we've made 2 trips of about a month each. We feel that the membership has paid for itself. We will probably renew our membership when the time comes. Also we've found out, (and this will probably hold true no matter what) that if a campground doesn't have a website...use caution about camping there!