jbeletti

Chuck (cdbMidland) asked me about an option to be able to find New Posts beyond that which are shown when you use the New Posts link.

There are times when your browser gets confused and gets its cookies messed up so that it does not think there are new posts when in fact there are.

So, for Chuck (and everyone), I have modified the code for the Quick Links pull-down menu on the NavBar. Look at the first option in the list. It's called New Posts (last 24 hours). Give it a try.

Thanks for challenging me a bit Chuck - we all got a new feature out of it.

Jim

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/New_Posts_24_Hours.jpg

DennisZ

Jim
I tried both searchs, and they both return the same results. Is there supposed to be a difference?:confused:

jbeletti

Dennis,

Results will vary for each person on New Posts and results "should" be the same for each person on New Posts (last 24 hours).

For example, I just clicked New Posts and I got a result of 1. I then clicked New Posts (last 24 hours) and got a result of 21.

If a person has not logged on for a few days, the number of New Posts "should" be more than the number of New Posts (last 24 hours).

Hope this makes sense and actually works. Works good in my head and my single test.

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Great Update, Jim. Since Don and I read on separate laptops, but behind the same router, we had to be careful. If one of us read the "New Posts" then nothing showed for the second one of us who logged in. This works for each of us and as J.P. said, keeps the unread threads Bold. We're loving it.