Installed Atwood Edwin Today

Boca_Shuffles

After seeing the Attwood Edwin (Entry Door Window) at the national rally, I decided it was time to replace the yellowing window on my 2010 Bighorn 3055RL.

I ordered the door from Attwood at noon on Wednesday and received my unit on Thursday. I think it helps that Michigan is next to Indiana.
The cost was only $125 including shipping.

The windows are available in white and black trim. I chose the white to match my door trim, but could have chosen the black to match my other window trims. Its a personal preference.

It took 5-10 minutes to remove the old window.

I had to look at the pictures a few times to determine which end was up on the new frame. (Hint, windows open up, not down).

The new window fit the frame without the need to remove the attached spacers. This was normal, according to the instructions.

I first installed the supplied foam gasket on the outside frame. I ran into a problem when I tried to install the inside frame. There was a gap about the thickness of the gasket material. The trim was not flush.

The problem was solved by discarding the gasket material and just using conventional caulking. The inside trim now fits flush. The problem was just that my Bighorn has thicker, well insulated doors.

The total time for the installation was about ninety minutes, because I had to decide to discard the foam seal. If I had just used caulking initially, the time would have been about thirty minutes, as advertised.

Thoughts on the window:
- Screen door keeps the bugs out, so no need for a screen on the window. But you might want to keep the plastic screen door panel closed.
- The screen will keep an honest thief from reaching in and unlocking the door from the outside. A dishonest thief would cut the screen, or just use a big pry-bar in the first place.
- If you want to close the window, you will have to go outside of the screen door to be able to get to the latch hold the window up.

I am very pleased with the product and would recommend it for anyone wanting to do a simple modification to their entry door.

olddoor.JPGEDWin out of box.JPGNew window installed.JPGInside trim using caulking.JPG

Last edited: