RVReady--Not happy

LSPTpr

I have contemplated whether to write about my dealer or not, but today was the kicker. I would rate RVReady in Covington, La. with a 1 right now. I wasn't impressed to much with them from the onset but the Heartland rep did impress me and i wanted a bighorn so i made the jump. When i picked it up, we went on the road the next day for the weekend. I told the sales manager, i would send an email with pics of all discrepanceies to get fixed. On April 4th, i sent the email. April 5th got a confirmation that the email was recieved but never any phone call to set something up. Called on Friday, April 13, sales rep says oh yea i get service to call you and i call you back. Never heard anything. Thursday April 19, i was getting ready to call again when sales rep called me. HERES THE KICKER, HE DIDNT CALL ME ABOUT MY RV, HE GOT A TICKET ON THE INTERSTATE AND WANTED TO KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF IT. I had to remind him of my discrepancies and he again stated that he would have service call me right back. Now it is Friday morning and i will try again.:mad: :mad:

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
do not keep talking to the monkey, go to the organ grinder and take his cup.
I have been having some problems too with my dealer. so now I log each call, who I talk to and a breif compent of what was said. I will not wait for them to call me. I found that if I waited they though it was not that important to me. I have pounded on the table, after being nice way too long. I am now in for my last?? service before the warrenty runs out.
track the parts that they say they order and check the work done. I have told them on a couple of things that I would not except the work done by their "best" subtrades and it was done over for the better.
Heartland has been excellent also
Don't wait for them....
good luck

Uncle Rog

LSPTpr, unfortunately Rand is correctamundo, after my BH was at the dealer for 3 weeks I drove over for a face to face. The rig was parked out in the storage area of the lot! When I went in to the service dept they were high fiving each other and telling jokes, singing kum bay ya etc. When I introduced myself they immediately put on game faces and told me I had to talk to the service mgr!!! After a brief introduction, he explained that HL wanted to send the rig to another shop which was BS, when I called Chris he had the deal set to move the next day!!! Enough said....Stay on the ********* and do not let them snowball you!

LSPTpr

appreciate the replies. I am an easy going guy and in my email offered to set up a time that was convenient for them. But, I lost it with that phone call. In work now on turning up the heat. Thanks again

LSPTpr

Well, finally forced the issue. Called my sales person, he said he have service call me again. Stated no, i can hold. Service guy got on and told me no one returned my calls since 4/4 because they behind on work. Then tells me to bring in my 5er and leave it for a month till they can get to it and order parts if necessary. If i was told that on 4/4, i might have done it but i am leaving for yellowstone park on 25 may so aint happening before that. Didnt spend thousands of dollars so it can sit at a repair shop looking pretty. Sorry guys, the service manager got to me a little and now just ranting on. Not sure on what to do cause i am not jeopardizing my grand teton/yellowstone/mt. rushmore trip.

Uncle Rog

LSPTpr, Get a hold of HL and find an authorized shop in your area, get what you HAVE to get done first, take your trip and bring it back for any lesser fix's with an appointment later. Don't mess up that trip, I've fished and hunted that area in my youth and May / June should be spectacular. My last trip to the Yellowstone area was a snowmobile / mill trip in Feb of '03, cold and snowy but fun...........UR

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
LSPTpr
Deal directly with the Service Manager, the salesman has made his commission. Failing that talk to the operations manager and let him know that there are forums on the internet that things can be vented to let the RV community know about your disapointment with thier service commitment.
My unit has sat at the dealers for 2 1 month periods. The last one had me jumping up and down. I finally got it back 4 days before we left for a 3 month trip....left a number of things home because of the quick repacking of the unit
A call to Heartland might help some
Don't give up your trip
Rand

cjbearden

Visitor
After about six trips to our dealer and all together about six months in their shops, we finally starting digging into this wonderful owners' forum and found the answers we needed - bottom line - go directly to Heartland and if possible get your rig to one of their Elkhart servicers (we used RV Capital - can't say enough good stuff about them!)

LSPTpr

Dealer really messed up

Well, just got done with another dealer problem with RVReady. Traded in my Keystone and got the Heartland on March 30th. Got a nasty gram from my loan people last week that the payment on my Keystone was over due. Found out that the RVReady NEVER paid off the loan from my trade-in and my bank took the payment out of my account. WHile i was in the process of learning this, RVReady calls me to say they had the problem but it was being corrected. NO PAPERWORK had ever been completed on either 5er. Had to drive an hour, get another temp tag and a check for the payment that was made. They were very apologetic but i felt that it doesnt matter, never should have happened in the first place. Oh well, i was a little hot and this helped relieve that frustration. Hopefully, wont have to deal with them much. Now the good stuff, leaveing for yellowstone/mt. rushmore on friday from La. Hopefully, i will see a few heartlands on the trip and can relax and enjoy myself for 3 weeks.

Uncle Rog

Have a great trip! If you go through Jackson stop in at the "Cowboy" it is worth the stop.....enjoy the rig you have earned it!!