Landing gear speed

Loco

I just got throught lubing my landing gear and it runs alot faster now. Our rig is one year old now and I just wanted to lube my landing gear to make sure it works good this season. I removed the top caps of each gear and use chain lube and just spray them till oil ran out below. Then I put grease on the top gears on each.
Man what a differanceNone

Uncle Rog

Good idea Loco, might be a good weekend project. I never worried about the speed of the system as when I am out the last thing I am in is a hurry. PM for all the systems is a good plan.....thanks for mentioning it..

Jett

Loco,

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely lube mine real soon. I've been concerned about how slowly mine moves -- especially since Heartland forgot to cut the access hole for my emergency crank on my 08.

Not to vent -- but -- I just don't see how that keeps getting missed at the factory. With all of the complaints that have been posted on this website for that problem, you would think that Quality Control would specifically check for it. How closely would an inspector have to look to see that the access hole is missing? If they can't see a problem that obvious, it makes we wonder what they do see.

dennylm

Thanks for the tip Loco. I've been wondering if something was wrong with mine being so slow too. You're right Uncle Rog. PM is what it's all about!

Denny

Uncle Rog

Chopper, I hate too think of how many cocktails I have spilled with the old tongue / leveling jacks, kind of makes your skin crawl!!!