Blockage in commode at the bottom

My wife and I just picked up our 2011 3250 7/22/2011. Stopped for a couple of nights and noticed the
Commode was backing up. Used my hose and rubber gloves to clear to find what appears to be a black PVC elbow in the pipe into the holding tank. Anyone have an idea how to get out? What is it.
My barbecue tongs
Didn't work. Yes I trashed the tongs. I have an appointment a week from now but want use this
weekend including the potty.

jimtoo

Hi Bill and Lorna,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Not sure what you found.. loose elbow in the tank? or the elbow going into the tank was blocked by waste. If loose object in tank.. I would take it to dealer. If blockage was waste, then it sounds like your not using enough water...water is the key to keeping a clean waste tank... always use lots of water. Maybe some of our other owners will jump in and help out also with ideas.

Let us know what happens.
Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Jim and Bette, use plenty of water. Looks like an elbow was dropped in the pipe from commode to tank. Is that possible. Appears to be obstructed. Thanks for the response.

jimtoo

I don't know...unless it was something that during assembly got misplaced or lost. If you got it where you can use it,, I would. Then let the dealer remove the foreign material,, elbow or what ever.

Jim M

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
If it is a plastic elbow that was dropped in during the mfg process. You could fashion a hook out of a coat hanger, or if you have one, an awning pull down rod.
See if you can snag it without doing damage to the drain pipe, or dropping the wire in. Good luck, Trace

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We're aware of the cut-outs from making the tank openings getting dropped into the tanks and causing problems. But a whole elbow?? I'm surprised you could even see it, unless your toilet pipe is a straight drop to the tank. Mine is not, so I can't see what's down there (not that I want to).

If you do fish an elbow out of the tank, I would be sure that HL is made aware of it. With the VIN, it could be tracked back to the installer that needs some serious remedial training in the unemployment line.