replace toilet seat?

twohappycampers

Anyone know of a regular replacement toilet seat that will fit. The existing plastic one just isn't cutting it. We have the Dometic 310. Thanks!

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I replaced the seat on the toilet in our Bighorn with a Bemis No Slam seat. They are available in most big box stores like Home Depot, Menards and Lowes. The color is off a shade but my DW accepted it and gave her okay. I bought the one with the bolts that will not loosen up. Not a cheap seat, but well worth it in comfort.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Like Tom Weber, we replaced ours with a no slam seat. We both have the Dometic 210 so a conventional seat bolts right on. I don't know if they will work with the 310.

twohappycampers

Repying to own thread :) My tush would soooo appreciate a nice toilet seat. One that's comfortable and easy to clean - this one has too many nooks and crannies. The Dometic 310 is great otherwise. It's tall and porcelain and has no inside rim to catch gunk :eek: - easy to clean. The seat is different than any I've seen before. Looks like a one-piece deal. For those who know the model I'm talking about, have you found a seat to replace it? Does anyone have any idea where I might look, online maybe? Thanks again.

twohappycampers

I've done some thinking and taking a closer look at the toilet seat on my Dometic 310. The seat & lid & hinge is one-piece and not your regular unit that can be found at a Home Depot or wherever. What was bugging me the most was how difficult it was to clean because of so many nooks and crannies. It took more time than I was happy to spend on the task, and I never felt I'd gotten it really clean. So I removed the entire "unit" from the toilet (pretty easy to do with just two big plastic nuts & bolts, only took a minute). Put it in the shower, sprayed it all over with a cleaner, left it for a minute or two, then showered it down and dried it off. Re-attached it to the toilet and voila! nice and clean and sanitary.

As for the comfort, not really all that bad unless I take some reading material in with me and lose track of time :eek: