Locating Aluminum Studs on Exterior Walls??

adam

Good Afternoon.

I have had a look through other posts but can't seem to find the answer I need.....so I will put this out there;

I would like to secure a wall mount bracket to the garage sidewall in our 2011 370C. The mount would hold a 22" LCD @ 20 lbs.
My contractor grade stud finder for wood/metal will not locate the upright studs on the wall of the coach? I'm not sure if the stud-finder won't read through the interior plyboard or what?

Finding the wood framing studs on interior walls or bunk/ceiling is easy even just by hand, but I definately need some help for the sidewall metal studs.

Any input would be appreciated.

Adam.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Good Afternoon.

I have had a look through other posts but can't seem to find the answer I need.....so I will put this out there;

I would like to secure a wall mount bracket to the garage sidewall in our 2011 370C. The mount would hold a 22" LCD @ 20 lbs.
My contractor grade stud finder for wood/metal will not locate the upright studs on the wall of the coach? I'm not sure if the stud-finder won't read through the interior plyboard or what?

Finding the wood framing studs on interior walls or bunk/ceiling is easy even just by hand, but I definately need some help for the sidewall metal studs.

Any input would be appreciated.

Adam.

If you have a good stud finder, one that will locate metal, this Zircon Tip might help you. When you get to the first page, select the tab for finding metal studs and watch Tip #9.

http://www.zircon.com/support/tip-minutes.html#

adam

Thanks Archie

I did that on the curb-side of the coach to install a second awning - it worked great.(see pic attatched)
I was just hoping there would be a way of locating the exact position of the studs from the inside of the garage?

Adam

Attachments

• IMG_2225.jpg
    IMG_2225.jpg
    579.5 KB · Views: 91