front cap oxidation

sunseeker

:( 2011 Big Country 3250TS. Serious and persistent oxidation at top of front end cap. Nothing I have tried helps restore the shine for more than a few days. Any suggestions proven to work?

Vtxkid

I also have noticed our Cyclone 3010HD starting to do the same thing. Ran into Mike Alpin (Heartland Cyclone/ RW Eng/ Design Rep) at the last RV show last month and discussed this concern with him. His advice to me was not to bother with applying different products to try to correct it as they won't work. He recommended calling Heartland CS even if it is out of warranty and discuss the problem. He said their fix will be to have you take the RV to the dealer and have the cap painted (which is what they do on the new caps now). I will be uncovering mine in a couple of weeks and will probably be making the call myself afterwards...

Birchwood

I have noticed this oxidation on the top end cap of our Landmark after it was only a year old.Always
thought it was due to the excessive sunshine we live in as its Florida for 6 months and eastern Canada
for 6 months.It has never bothered me that much because no one sees it anyway.We do have decals
turning black this winter on the sunside of our RV.We are sending in another claim to Performance
Graphics as the gold ones are only 1 year old and now have to be repaced again.
Seems most coloured surfaces here in Florida fade and discolour due to the excessive sunshine.
Anything that sets out down here looks dull so I guess that what comes with nice weather.

We have 2011 3250ts Big Country that had the same problem and nothing helped. It was out of warrenty, too. We called the dealer and they asked us to e-mail pictures and they would contact Heartland. By the end of the week it was in to the dealers to be repainted and new decals at Heartland expense. Could not be happier with dealer and Heartland's service.

Jim.