EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Canton - 10/12/2012 to 10/14/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
A great start to the Rally at the Meet and Greet! The Mayor of Canton, Cary Hillard welcomed us to Canton and informed us of the many events that are occurring in Canton this weekend. His wife, Sandy Hillard, Chair of Santa’s Kids informed us about how our donations will benefit the foster children of the county at Christmas time. At the desert potluck there were many great and yummy deserts, that a number of persons made multiple trips for the desserts. Future rally dates and locations were discussed and agreed on. The next rally will be in March 2013 location to be determined. The next Fall Rally will return to Mill Creek Resort in mid-October 2013.
And then the fun Wii games began!

Paul & Nan

And a great time was had by all. It continued today, Sunday, with 8 rigs staying over. Great job Terry and Carol. See everyone down the road. Nan

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It was great to meet new folks and visit with old friends. We really enjoyed it! Thanks Terry & Carol for a fantastic time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry H

Staff member
Saturday was a great Rally day started out with everyone attending a Dealer Open House at ExploreUSA RV in Willis Point, Tx. Many thanks to ExploreUSA RV for lunch and their display of Heartland RV’s. In the afternoon members visited with other members, went trailer tours, and members assisting other members with minor trailer repairs. In the evening an awesome Pot Luck dinner with lots of yummy food. Door prizes were drawn and then some members played card games, while others had a great time visiting.

This morning about 16 persons had another great time visiting during the morning’s Continental Breakfast. This afternoon the remaining members staying until morning gathered to visit everyone had a great time with Roy Walker entertaining with some funny stories part of the time.

For Carol and I, it was an honor and pleasure to be Chapter Leaders for this rally. We had a great time, we feel it was a great rally. Everything seemed to run very smooth. In fact this rally was one of the most enjoyable and fun chapter rallies we have attended, and we would like to thank all of those who attended for making it a great rally for everyone!

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
This was our first rally and we had a fabulous time. We definitely will be attending more rallies in the future. Thank you, Terry and Carol and everyone else for the warm welcome, great food, fun, info and conversation.

Thanks so much for the great time we had in Canton this weekend. You guys did a wonderful job. We look forward to the next rally.

Roy & Sandy Walker

danemayer

Great job Terry and Carol. And what a great group of people attending the rally. We both really enjoyed this rally. My only regret is that I forgot to get the part number for Dan Fowler's magic hammer.:)

MrTravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders
Thank you Terry and Carol for putting together such a great rally. Erika and I had a great time. It was a lot of fun to meet other Heartlanders and learn about their adventures and rigs. I even picked up a few new tips along the way and made some new friendships that I know will last for a long time. I look forward to the next time we meet.

Terry H

Staff member
This morning I presented Sandy Hillard with our Heartland Gives Back donation for $245.00! Way to go North Texas Heartlanders!

Also I attached our group photo. In a few days I hope to have some more photos from the rally uploaded the Heartland Gallery.

Attachments

• DSC_0621.JPG
    DSC_0621.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 35

Terry H

Staff member
I added photos that were taken at the rally in The Heartland Owners Gallery in the North Texas Folder. Thanks To Paul Lineen for taking the photos.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here's a few I took with my iPhone.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350872201.703475.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350872255.321610.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350872271.621756.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350872293.033104.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350872232.550956.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350872232.550956.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 31

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Terry and Carol. Looks like you had a great Rally and a good turnout. Sorry Donna and I couldn't be there, we had just returned from North Carolina and were getting ready for a Samboree. Waiting for the notice for you next one, we will try our best to be there. Also congratulations on your new chapter and participation you have had. I hope we can get together for a joint rally, that would be huge.. Hope to see you guys soon. I would like to extend to all your members an invitation to our rally the 2nd weekend in November, in Thackerville, Ok. at the WinStar RV Resort.. we have plenty of room..
Larry and Donna Keever
Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

Terry H

Staff member
Larry,

It is good to hear from you. I know there will be a few members from the North Texas Chapter. I had planned to attend the OK rally, but Carol and I are in North Carolina this week and will be in South Carolina next week. The Next North Texas Rally will be in March.

Terry H

Staff member
I received a Thank You note from Sandy Hilliard that I would like to share with those that donated to Santa's Kids. Also is a clipping from Canton's local newspaper of the presentation of $ 245.00 to Santa's Kids. Thank you to all who donated!

Attachments

• Santas Kids Thank you.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

jbeletti

Awesome Terry and all rally attendees. It's so easy for us to make a positive impact in the communities we rally in. Thank you for finding a way to make an impact in Canton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.