How do you access the LR television.......

bobsue2

Just got the new KeyLargo home last night.....I need to get to the back of the TV to add some components...of course the provided owners manual shows nothing...thanks

wildwolfproducts

On ours it looks as though I have to remove screws fromthe trim piece at the top of the TV. That holds it in. Let us know when you get ours out. I also need to do the same.
Pete

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Pete is correct. There are screws holding the trim piece on above the TV. Remove the trim and the TV should lift up and out.

Peace
Dave

Speedy

There are three screws and then the TV just lifts off the mount. I have just replaced the mount with a new MOR/ryde mount.

bobsue2

Got the TV off as explained......there are no ports available on the back of the TV for connecting Satellite.....I was hoping for a HDMI slot but there are only two available....one is for the Sony DVD player the other one appears to be for cable...since I never use cable thought I would just unplug it and run a satellite cable to that port instead.....then I noticed this gizmo (red border)...what is it??? Also there also appears to be what looks like a 12 volt cigarette adapter next to it as well...whats that fro????

thanks

vi03lg.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Could you take a closer shot of the 'gizmo'?
The 12 cigarette lighter thingy is a 12 power source for anything that you could use in your car.
Did you check the side of the TV for HDMI ports?

Peace
Dave

bobsue2

Yes..I checked the sides..nothing...I don't know the pic reverts to a thumbnail but if you click on the image..it will blow it up some...

bobsue2

124wmdy.jpg

Attachments

• p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 23

danemayer

Got the TV off as explained......there are no ports available on the back of the TV for connecting Satellite.....I was hoping for a HDMI slot but there are only two available....one is for the Sony DVD player the other one appears to be for cable...since I never use cable thought I would just unplug it and run a satellite cable to that port instead.....then I noticed this gizmo (red border)...what is it??? Also there also appears to be what looks like a 12 volt cigarette adapter next to it as well...whats that fro????

thanks

View attachment 20493

Cable is usually COAX. Maybe that HDMI cable on the TV is wired to the HDMI connector in your GIZMO.

Another possibility, if you have the outside TV, maybe this is a set of component and/or HDMI connections to feed a signal to that TV.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Which brand of TV do you have? For all the B.S. about Jensen's, I have two HDMI ports. I use one from the DISH receiver and the other is empty since the bottom feeder Samsung unit I have doesn't know what an HDMI is. But, in DVD mode, it works fine with the RCA cables.

bobsue2

Well after fooling around a while...finally got the satellite signal to the living room...just have to make sure you connect the satellite cable to the "Bedroom" outlet on the trailers panel or it won't work...I have no idea what the satellite outlet for the "Living Room" is used for.....

Now to the problem....my Sat reciever doesn't have an HDMI slot....only out to TV available is via coax or the RCA jacks (yel, red white) .....there is no input slots left open on the TV (Toshiba)...however in the cabinet where all the wires come together is white colored outlet box as posted above....the outlet contains an HDMI & the RCA jacks (YRW)..when I connect my Sat receiver to this and change my input on the TV, I do get the Sat pic but it is not in color and is fuzzy...I have no idea how to clear this up...I should also mention we previously connected the Sat to a portable TV that neither the Sat receiver or TV were connected to the trailer's system..it was completed isolated from the trailer altogether and the picture was crystal clear and in color...so is there a button I missed or what...thanks

danemayer

.however in the cabinet where all the wires come together is white colored outlet box as posted above....the outlet contains an HDMI & the RCA jacks (YRW)..when I connect my Sat receiver to this and change my input on the TV, I do get the Sat pic but it is not in color and is fuzzy...
Have you checked to see what the other end is plugged into at the TV? A/V or Component? You'll want A/V.

dbbls59

The "12 volt cigarette adapter" is just that, otherwise known as a power outlet. Some TV's operate on 12 volt.