3210 Water pump switch

noccar

I wondered if anyone has ever come accross this before. Is it normal to have to turn off the water pump switch on the inside control panel and then turn it back on after you run the generator? While we were out this weekend we ran into this issue and I don’t recall it happening in the past. Get to camp and get set up (No hook-ups) turn on pump and everything works fine. Run the generator for a hour or so – the pump runs fine while the generator is on and there is no need to touch the switch. Turn off the generator and after a while go to use the water and the pump does not come on. If you go to the control panel and turn the pump off for 30 seconds then turn it back on, it comes on and seems to work fine until you run the generator again. I may not have noticed it before because when we leave the trailer for any period of time we usually switch it of. This weekend (it rained all weekend) we spent most of our time at the trailer.
Thanks

jbeletti

jbeletti

Steve,

For reference later, can you tell me what brand/model that panel is? We (this forum) are trying to create a master database of contact information for Heartland and its suppliers so I am in collection mode.

Another idea for you is to contact ShurFlo (if your pump is a ShurFlo model).

My "guess" as to what is happening on your unit is when you switch from Gen to Shore power, your converter sees that and briefly interrupts the 12 VDC output. Your pumps switches (or monitor panel) sees that and is reset.

Just a guess.

Jim