Thanks Heartland for caring about our safety!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Just saw a thread on RVNet concerning lack of exit Windows in the bedrooms of Cedar Creek fivers!

Couldn't believe any manufacturer would skip such an important feature, but after some checking, discovered it's true....Heartland, on the other hand, went one step further and gave us larger windows, closer to the ground making escape easier if ever needed!

Thanks Heartland, for caring about our safety!:)

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
WOW, can't believe this isn't an RVIA seal requirement at the very least. Then again, maybe it is and Cedar Creek doesn't have the RVIA seal.

kakampers

That's what I thought too...but found several pics of CC units that are clearly missing any type of emergency exit window....

wdk450

If you got to attend Mac The Fire Guy's presentation at the Gillette National Rally, you will know that he urged us to: 1)Think about having to use that window. 2)Know how to open it. 3) Have a prop stick kept by the window to hold it open as you crawl out backwards. 4) Have a ladder in place under the window so you don't break ankles or legs in the drop down.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I saw a new product from Mor Ryde, an escape ladder that attaches under the overhang of your trailer and gives you a platform t back out onto and a ladder to get to the ground safely.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
I wonder how many of us have actually tried to open their windows? I remember Duane going over that point when he gave his safety speech in North Carolina.
It is a good idea for everyone to know how to use it BEFORE you actually need it.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I would die tring to save my dogs in the living room oh well I would break my leg anyway and could not get away!!LOL!!

kakampers

Kinda glad I gave in and both dogs sleep in the bed with us....they'd be the first ones thrown out that little window over the dresser...and my butt would be right behind them! You would be surprised how fast one can move when adrenalin kicks in.