How do I get a better wifi signal from weak park wifi I

danemayer

My Cradlepoint stays on Channel 9.

Bob,

My Cradlepoint CRT35 has a control for channel on the WiFi/Local Network advanced menu. The advanced WiFi settings have channel controls. Mine is set to SMART CONTROL, but if changed to USER CONTROL can be set to the channel you want - except that after I set mine to channel 6, it still shows up on the analyzer as transmitting on 3.

Btw, looks like the WiFi analyzer is Android only.

Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Yes, I understand. I know how to change channels on my MBR1000. My question was what app for the iPhone will show the channels being used through out the area so I could change it to a less used channel if necessary. I don't know if I have smart control because mine is a few years old.

Right now I leave my router on Ch. 9 because it is not normally selected. Most default to Ch. 1. That is why I set mine to Ch. 9

BC

aatauses

We purchased a small booster that helps your rig "see" the tower. We mounted on the ladder pointed toward the tower and it worked great. We only have used it in one location, but have it with us for future use.
al
currently in Kenai, AK

evolvingpowercat

Think the prior poster forgot the link on his post so I will share my knowledge...

If you have a windows PC a free program called Network Stumbler works well, you can download it from netstumbler.com. Be careful if you search for it on google you may click thru to another site that will load spam on your computer, best to go straight to the authors web site I stated here.

If you have an apple computer a program called WiFi Scanner works well it is available thru the app store.

If you have a smart phone with Android, a free app called WiFi Analyzer is excellent.

Apple has the Iphone locked down so that there are no apps to analyze WiFi signals that work on the iPhone. There is one accessory paired with an app that can do it on the iPhone that cost over $ 50 that I have personally never tried.

Last edited:

evolvingpowercat

The TRENDnet TEW-736RE 300Mbps Wireless N Range Extender available at TigerDirect.com for $ 30 seems to be the best value but the reviews indicate that you need to be read and follow their instructions and have geek knowledge to know how to properly follow them to get it running. Or, spend time with TRENDnet technical support to get it running. I have purchased several TRENDnet WiFi products that I have in use at a non-profit here in Kansas City and have good luck with them personally. They are great value for the money but the documentation is not targeted for non geeks.