Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Passport America

1. Print this Post   #1

Passport America

Anyone here use Passport America? I just joined for a year for $44. It sounds like a good deal and you can get your cost paid back with a small amount of nights camped. It seems that each park has different restrictions though.

What is the consensus here? Is it a good deal? OR did I just waste my $44?

Joe

2. Print this Post   #2

I have been using it for 4 years and very happy with it. Have only one time ended up in a campground that was not up to par.
    When we travel we look for passport first then get the big book out if we can't find anything.
    I belong to camping world presidents club and passport cost a few bucks less....

Jim
    Jim and Ruby
    U S Navy RET
    2007 Dodge 3500 Cummins, Auto 6 Spd.
    Big Horn Edition, Jake Brake
    Hensley Tru-Brake Controller
    2008 Bighorn 3055RL # 9748

3. Print this Post   #3
    Past British Columbia Chapter Leader sailorand's Avatar

We bought it last year and found it useful and a good savings. Along with our 1000 trails it works and makes camping more afordable
    Rand
    BC Chapter Rep.
    Love it and would buy it again. 2006 Bighorn 3055, serial # 2808
    Chev 2500 extended cab, Duramax LLY, Silver Birch, 4x2
    Allison 6 speed, Tekonsha Prodigy
    Ladner B.C. Canada
    VE7HRA / K7HRA
    Kenwood ts2000, Scorpion motorized vertical antenna
    Past BC Heartland Chapter Leader Club #1012

4. Print this Post   #4

While traveling fulltime it was by FAR the best value out there. It far exceeded the other memberships we used which included ,Escapees, Good Sams, KOA. We paid for our Passport in less than 6 months before we went fulltime. Will diffenetly renew it again.
    '07 Bighorn 2925RK, 07 Dodge Ram Big Horn 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel, 6 spd auto, 540 watts solar, Tankless water heater, Centerpoint suspension,Trailair pin box http://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems_hw50c.htm
    Heartland Owner 1097

5. Print this Post   #5
    The Grand Patriarch

I think you have your answer already, but I'll add another plug. I just returned from a three-and-a-half week 7000 mile trip through the western U.S. and Canada. I used PA six of the nights for a total savings of $69.50. I use mine every October in Louisiana for six or seven nights and New Years for three days paying $9 a night for full hookups. (I would only rate the campground a 2-1/2 to 3 on a scale of 1 -5, five being best. For $9 a night and full hookups I can live without all the amenities). That said, I have been to several PA campgrounds that have all the amenities and stayed for half price.

Is it worth it? You bet, if you use it.
    Ed Weidig, USAF Ret.
    Austin, TX
    2006 Duramax/Ally 2500HD
    3055RL S/N: 4235
    "I'd give a thousand dollars to be
    one of them millionaires."

6. Print this Post   #6

I joined but after doing so I found there are 2 Passport America clubs and I can't seem to find out if they are tied together or not or who is the real one. They both make the same claims and have pretty much got the same campgrounds listed but they have different phone numbers and one is based in MS and the other in FL. They both claim to be the "original" and both have been established for the same amount of time according to their claims. The one we joined is out of FL and their web site is www.passportamerica.com and the other one in MS is www.passport-america.com pretty close address' huh? Does anyone know of any difference in the two and are they equally good or is one dark and senister? (just kidding of course). Anyway let me know if you know of any difference.

Thanks,

Retired US Navy, Vietnam Vet, Life Member VVA
    Great Wife of many years Ann
    Little Camping Buddies, Lula, & Emily (MinPin/Chiquaqua)
    2015 Chevy 3500HD Dually Duramax/Allison
    2014 Big Country 3650RL
    Owners Club Member #1158

7. Print this Post   #7

I will be corrected if I am wrong but I think they are one in the same. PA moved to Florida after one of the major hurricanes (Katrina I think) devasted their facilities in Ms. They did have some differences in their looks and address but their commitment is the same, cheap camping. We have it and love it, pays for itself easily.
    [States stayed in while fulltiming

Tom & Judy
    HOC 1048
    SKP 96639

2008 F-450, 4X4, 4:30 rear, Utility Bodywerks, air ride, backup camera and more
    2005 Landmark Classic, Mt Rushmore #9284 Born Feb 2005 SOLD
    2011 MOBILE SUITE 36RSSB3 with vanity slide

Fulltiming and loving it

8. Print this Post   #8

Quote Originally Posted by Pulltab View Post
    While traveling fulltime it was by FAR the best value out there. It far exceeded the other memberships we used which included ,Escapees, Good Sams, KOA. We paid for our Passport in less than 6 months before we went fulltime. Will diffenetly renew it again.
    Greetings, Pulltab --

We plan to go fulltime in the next couple years, but we're doing a lot of the prep work now. I saw in your profile that you had a tankless water heater and it intrigued me. We've been kicking that idea around. Would you mind sharing what kind of set up you have and what your experience has been with it?

Thank you!

WoodFamily

9. Print this Post   #9
    This user has been banned

I differ with most of the others.

We are Snowbirds that signed up for PA last year & we won't renew. We found:
    1)many parks are in the catalog & when you show up the say that they are no longer members.
    2)too many restrictions.

We have found that Good Sams discount suits our needs much better.

EH!

10. Print this Post   #10

We have been PA members for 2 years and have had no problems. We always try to update our book when sent. Also, whenever possible we call ahead for reservations. Our experience with PA has been positive. We also belong to Western Horizons, ROD and AOR.

Steve, Sharon
    2006 Bighorn 3500RL VIN 9632
    2005 Dodge RAM 3500DRW 4x2 w/3.73

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast