Passport America

jgilbert

Anyone here use Passport America? I just joined for a year for $44. It sounds like a good deal and you can get your cost paid back with a small amount of nights camped. It seems that each park has different restrictions though.

What is the consensus here? Is it a good deal? OR did I just waste my $44?

Joe

Jimmyt5

I have been using it for 4 years and very happy with it. Have only one time ended up in a campground that was not up to par.
When we travel we look for passport first then get the big book out if we can't find anything.
I belong to camping world presidents club and passport cost a few bucks less....

Jim

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
We bought it last year and found it useful and a good savings. Along with our 1000 trails it works and makes camping more afordable
Rand

Pulltab

While traveling fulltime it was by FAR the best value out there. It far exceeded the other memberships we used which included ,Escapees, Good Sams, KOA. We paid for our Passport in less than 6 months before we went fulltime. Will diffenetly renew it again.

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
I think you have your answer already, but I'll add another plug. I just returned from a three-and-a-half week 7000 mile trip through the western U.S. and Canada. I used PA six of the nights for a total savings of $69.50. I use mine every October in Louisiana for six or seven nights and New Years for three days paying $9 a night for full hookups. (I would only rate the campground a 2-1/2 to 3 on a scale of 1 -5, five being best. For $9 a night and full hookups I can live without all the amenities). That said, I have been to several PA campgrounds that have all the amenities and stayed for half price.

Is it worth it? You bet, if you use it.

navyAZ1

I joined but after doing so I found there are 2 Passport America clubs and I can't seem to find out if they are tied together or not or who is the real one. They both make the same claims and have pretty much got the same campgrounds listed but they have different phone numbers and one is based in MS and the other in FL. They both claim to be the "original" and both have been established for the same amount of time according to their claims. The one we joined is out of FL and their web site is www.passportamerica.com and the other one in MS is www.passport-america.com pretty close address' huh? Does anyone know of any difference in the two and are they equally good or is one dark and senister? (just kidding of course). Anyway let me know if you know of any difference.

Thanks,

Tom of Ypsi

I will be corrected if I am wrong but I think they are one in the same. PA moved to Florida after one of the major hurricanes (Katrina I think) devasted their facilities in Ms. They did have some differences in their looks and address but their commitment is the same, cheap camping. We have it and love it, pays for itself easily.

While traveling fulltime it was by FAR the best value out there. It far exceeded the other memberships we used which included ,Escapees, Good Sams, KOA. We paid for our Passport in less than 6 months before we went fulltime. Will diffenetly renew it again.
Greetings, Pulltab --

We plan to go fulltime in the next couple years, but we're doing a lot of the prep work now. I saw in your profile that you had a tankless water heater and it intrigued me. We've been kicking that idea around. Would you mind sharing what kind of set up you have and what your experience has been with it?

Thank you!

WoodFamily

geeksrus

I differ with most of the others.

We are Snowbirds that signed up for PA last year & we won't renew. We found:
1)many parks are in the catalog & when you show up the say that they are no longer members.
2)too many restrictions.

We have found that Good Sams discount suits our needs much better.

EH!

sharmulst

We have been PA members for 2 years and have had no problems. We always try to update our book when sent. Also, whenever possible we call ahead for reservations. Our experience with PA has been positive. We also belong to Western Horizons, ROD and AOR.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
We have been members of Passport America for four years definately worth the money. Use it 3 nights a year and it is paid for. We have not had a bad experience with them yet. I would definately recommend it.
Regards
Wayne

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have PA, CampClub USA, Western Horzions, KOA, Goodsam. We use the Passport America and Camp Club USA the most, Good Sam the next. Western Horizons is good if you live on the West Coast as that is where most of them are. KOA is okay if you need a place and cant find any other as they cost too much. Passport America and Camp Club USA paid for themselves in the first month we had them in their savings. We will renew both of them and highly recommend them. Many campgrounds we stay at let us piggy-back PA and CCA and/or PA and Good Sam saving us even more.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Like Jim, I plan to subscribe to both Passport America and Camp Club USA next year when I retire. I can see advantages to having both. PA seems to have more parks on their list but one of our favorite parks is CCUSA, so I will try out both and decide from there.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We are lifetime members of PA and use it mostly when traveling "thru", for one night. It paid for itself almost immediately.

We too belong to Western Horizons, Travel Resorts and have Coast to Coast, AOR and ROD reciprocals thru our two home park memberships. As fulltimers, especially when we are not working...these memberships have proved invaluable!!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are going to the Pumpkin Patch RV Resort in Hermon ME. The daily rate is 28.50 per night. We made reservations for Monday thru Wednesday. They gave us the 50% rate for the three days. They said if I wanted to stay for the weekend the rate would not be 50% off. Premium days there are no discounts at some of the places..

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Online member form

For those trying to do your new registration through the website and may be having problems. The on line form does not accept periods after abbreviations such as Rd. or Blvd. I had a little problem last night but figured it out today. It was telling me I had an incorrect charecter in a field and I couldn't figure out what the heck I was doing wrong. Got er' done though. :eek:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We joined Camp Club USA to go along with our PPA and KOA. I find that there are CG's in one that are not in the other. I also like the way to look up locations using CCUSA. PPA would be better if they would update the way their website worked.

I have found that I pay for the member ship of both services very quickly. They are worth the service.

I have discussed the programs like Thousand Trails, Western Horizons, and such.
I am looking at purchasing a membership to something like Western Horizons. If someone would like to start a thread on Campground Memberships of this type I would be intrested in the information..

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Bob,
This is a copy of the deal I got from Shiloh in Louisiana. You can find the ad in red in the Highways magazine. PM me with your ph number for further explanation. This summer we traveled over 5000 miles and stayed in one of our $10-12 campgrounds per night including Hart Ranch near Mt. Rushmore in So. Dakota, next to campers paying $50-60 a night for 29 out of the 31 days and saved over $1000 which paid for the first years full costs. Now we just have renewal fees each year which are very reasonable.

wow guys look at this before you buy anything. 1000 trails is in rough times as resellers/and previous owners are selling it dirt cheap plus a $750 transfer fee, which is crazy once you see all the deals out there, that include some of the 1000 trails parks.

Read highway magazines campground memberships for sale as I did and got a great deal for just under a $1000 total first year, for RPI preferred and coast to coast deluxe (Camper World 4 parks SBR 2 parks
Colorado River Adventure 7 parks Sunbelt 2 parks
Leisure Time 7 parks Halo Resorts 2 parks
Naco 17 parks Quality Resorts 1 resort
Travel America 10 parks Resort Campgrounds
Sunrise 12 parks International 2 parks
K/M Resorts of America 6 parks Elite Resorts 1 park
American Campground 1 park
Great American Resorts 1 park ARA 1 park
SRV-Conestoga Campground 1 park Pride Resorts 1 park
Advanced Resorts of America 2 parks Holiday Trails 1 park
Many of the Western Horizon parks.

Go online to www.resortparks.com click on the visitor’s section then on the resort guide and then the state you want to see. That will show you all the resorts)

RPI Preferred includes: RPI
RPI Preferred
Enjoy America
50% discount on resort rental when staying 7 nights or more
90 day reservation
14 days in 7 out 2 times a year in peak season, unlimited in off season
no 125 mile rule
4 Family passes each year, good for up to 7 nights each
The Coast to Coast Classic is 7 days in 30 days out of the same resort 2 times a year. You may go from one resort to another
The Coast to Coast Deluxe is 14 in 7 out 2 times during the peak season at each resort and unlimited in the off season and no 125 mile rule.

The $328 membership is Coast to Coast Classic and RPI regular and Happy Camper (which have many of the Passport America campgrounds. After you are a member she can upgrade you for $495 + tax for one of them or $650 + tax for both of them. Or you can get CC Deluxe & RPI Preferred only for $1098 + tax now. If you join rpi and coast to coast the way I told you it is just under a $1000

Call Angie at Shiloh Resorts in Monroe, Louisiana and the yearly dues for shiloh if u do it this way is $99, plus Coast to Coast Deluxe is about $128 and RPI preferred is $106. Happy Camper is $40, and Enjoy America is part of eithere RPI or CC. She has these resells all the time and u never have to go to the membership campground.
SHILOH/SHILOH’S LAKE BRUIN RESORTS

7300 FRONTAGE ROAD

MONROE, LA 71202

318-343-8672

THE FOLLOWING IS A BREAKDOWN OF YOUR CHARGES:
Membership Fee $ 198.00
S&H $ 10.00
Shiloh Dues $ included then $99.00 frozen + tax due 07-01-09
Coast to Coast included
RPI 120.00 may upgrade to RPI Preferred for $495 + tax
Happy Camper included
Tax 24.26
Total $328 plus the upgrade of $650 for RPI preferred and Coast to Coast Deluxe instead of buying RPI preferred and CC separately. You have to tell her you want the Highway magazine promotion.

What is really sweet is that they pay for all the first year dues.

Please tell Angie that Larry Kuhn referred you so I can get some credit toward next years dues.

When you call Shiloh ask for Angie Blair's cell number.

If you have any questions pm me with your phone number and I will explain in more detail. You can't get a better deal than this. I know as I spoke with several resellers and they couldnt match this deal. It's 10 bucks a night for most of all these campgrounds. I am now in Wyoming and over the last 8 days have saved over $300

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Have a close friend who also joined these systems thru Shiloh in Louisiana....Not a bad little park and the prices are fantastic!

Great inexpensive way to into the membership systems...wish I found it before I spent so much at other places....oh well!!

cjbearden

Visitor
We had just paid a two-year renewal on PA and then received Jim's membership packet with the certificate code. Called PA and they honored the code and added an additional 6 months onto our membership. Thought that was a pretty good deal. Thanks Larryheadhunter for all the great information.