Rand McNally RVND 7720 Deal

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
If anyone is still looking to buy a 7720 the best price ever is at Camping World

hello from canada. i have been searching reviews and opinions of the magellan and rand mcnally gps's for rv'ers and both seem to have their good and bad points with it leaning more towards the bad. in a perfect world i guess you get everything you want in a gps without any problems. i just purchased the magellan 5365t-lmb which i'm thinking of returning based on what i see the rm 7720 offers. so i am sitting on the fence wondering what i should do. guess like everyone else you buy it and try it and see if it works for you.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
hello hublings....have you guys joined the ontario chapter yet? not sure if you have been to any of our rallies yet. nice to meet you.

chet

rand McNally rv version is the way to go if you want a trouble free trip to your destination. it adapts to the lengh of your rig.and takes all measurements into account. also switches to your truck to give shorter routes. just paid 379 with tax. if you can get it for 250 with trade,its a steal.

I used an online rand McNally gps and going to fl. from Delaware I believe that it should have taken me on I64e in va all the way to avoid the Hampton tunnels, I may be wrong but if you go 64 west you will not be able to avoid the tunnels at Hampton. Is this correct?

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Camping World/Good Sam is offering the Rand McNally RVND 7735 for $249. Has anyone used one or have updates on the other RM units?

BandGun

Camping World/Good Sam is offering the Rand McNally RVND 7735 for $249. Has anyone used one or have updates on the other RM units?
I have the 7725 and have used it for the past 40k miles and love it. It is large! I purchased a ram mount to get it off my dash / windshield.
372d678003e1deb0274e923cff6f7bba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

TomMar

Well I thought I would give y'all an update. We went over to Camping World and bought the RM 7735. We opened the box an the battery was totally dead. No problem, charge it. Yes problem, once it was charged the screen locked upwhen I unplugged the power. The On/Off button would not work, nothing. I even checked it for a lock, no joy. Back to the store this am, got another unit. The battery was also dead so I plugged it into power in the truck and headed home. The map actually worked going home but when I unplugged it at home the screen locked up again. Plugged it back in, no joy unplugged no joy, back to CW. Two or three people at CW tried to get it to work without sucess. I came home with a full refund. I am NOT a happy camper.

MTPockets

Well I thought I would give y'all an update. We went over to Camping World and bought the RM 7735. We opened the box an the battery was totally dead. No problem, charge it. Yes problem, once it was charged the screen locked upwhen I unplugged the power. The On/Off button would not work, nothing. I even checked it for a lock, no joy. Back to the store this am, got another unit. The battery was also dead so I plugged it into power in the truck and headed home. The map actually worked going home but when I unplugged it at home the screen locked up again. Plugged it back in, no joy unplugged no joy, back to CW. Two or three people at CW tried to get it to work without sucess. I came home with a full refund. I am NOT a happy camper.
We had similar problems with ours; customer service at Rand needs to eliminate the word service. Got another unit, lots of issues... Garmin is the way to go for best quality and reliability.

TomMar

We had similar problems with ours; customer service at Rand needs to eliminate the word service. Got another unit, lots of issues... Garmin is the way to go for best quality and reliability.
I copy that. The DW already made that comment about Garmin. We have a good GPS on the truck but we're looking to get one that gave the RV issues like heights and turns. With free permanent updates it would also out last the truck GPS maps. Thanks for the fee back.

MTPockets

I copy that. The DW already made that comment about Garmin. We have a good GPS on the truck but we're looking to get one that gave the RV issues like heights and turns. With free permanent updates it would also out last the truck GPS maps. Thanks for the fee back.
RV660LMT GARMIN has RV parks, warnings for bridge clearance, weights, etc...

dlw930

As FTers, using the heck out of our Garmin RV760LMT and loving it. That said, it's a tool. The routing software isn't perfect. I always like to look at a paper or Google earth map and have a good idea of where I'm going and the best way to get there before hitting the road instead of blindly trusting the GPS. The lane guidance around metro areas is one of it's most valuable features as are its height/width/weight monitoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomMar

As FTers, using the heck out of our Garmin RV760LMT and loving it. That said, it's a tool. The routing software isn't perfect. I always like to look at a paper or Google earth map and have a good idea of where I'm going and the best way to get there before hitting the road instead of blindly trusting the GPS. The lane guidance around metro areas is one of it's most valuable features as are its height/width/weight monitoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will probably end up with the Garmin RV760. Like you say it is a tool. Marti has a large Rand McNally map book she uses. We started thinking about these units when we got serious about trips to Wyoming, western Montana, Washington and Oregon.