The "Meat Locker"

ihsolutions

I've been accused more than once of keeping things WAY too cold, both in my RV and at home. Heck, even in Michigan I have my window wide open at night with a box fan blowing cold air in. I seem to sleep best in a 45-50 degree environment, much to the dismay of my lovely wife who has a heated blanket and other accoutrements to keep her warm.

My question is this.. for those who have added a second A/C, what is the best brand A/C to add for a second unit in the bedroom? I have problems with the main unit cycling when it gets too cold in the BH.... and according to the Dometic guys, it is not mean to create a refrigerator, just a comfortable temperature. There are multiple brands out there at multiple BTU output. Are there any other crazy folk like me who LOVE it cold, and crank that bad boy all night long? Without the unit icing up, shutting off, or short cycling?

I want COLD. I need COLD. I'm really looking forward to two A/C's, so that I can have my cold sleeping area, without freezing the rest of the RV. I like it warmer when in the living space, having coffee, etc... but feel like Obama might jail me for running A/C and space heaters simultaneously. Not meant to be political, but I know it's not an environmentally friendly proposition and I'm trying to rectify that.

Westwind

Jeff - we have a low profile Pequin, it's noisy in the bedroom, we use it to cool the trailer when were are watching TV and then swap at night. It's 13.5K and It will cool it down on high and the main system will keep things comfortable. There are alot of AC's that will fit the bill check on the noise factor along with cooling.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
A 15k BTU unit may help. My wife refers to our North trail as a penguin habitat as cold as I keep it during the hot summer. I have a 15K BTU Carrier but I don't think they make RV AC units any more.

Gizzy

I'm sure you will not have any problem turning the BR into a 'meat locker" no matter what unit you install, if you just close all doors to it. You will basically be cooling a large closet that a 5000 btu unit could handle. Then you can keep the LR at what ever temp you want.