Dump Stations

Dtaylor52

I have noticed that in some states, some of the rest areas on the interstate will have dump stations. Is there some place where you can find a list of rest stops that have them? Also any truck stops or other places (other than rv parks) that might have them?

FiremanBill

Not sure about rest areas but as far as truck stops, every "Flying J"I've ever stopped at has an "RV Alley" as they call it with fresh water and dump stations near the fuel pumps.

In the states I've traveled Flying J now owned by Pilot have RV islands. parking etc. The charge of $8.00 in those stations I thinks was a big mistake on their part. I would suggest to Koa for all card holding KOA members they could use Dump Stations Free or a nominal fee.

pegmikef

I use the Interstate Travel Guide. It contains all of the Interstate rest areas and welcome plazas and lists the amenities at each one (e.g., wifi, rv dump, rest rooms, etc.). Here's that amazon.com listing for it (contrary to the lone review, I have found it to be useful and accurate).

http://www.amazon.com/Interstate-Tr...94792&sr=8-1&keywords=interstate+travel+guide

Added: I forgot, it also lists the locations of all the Flying J truck stops.

Last edited:

DonnyB007

That is good to know about the KOA for cheap dumps. I'll sure keep that in mind as we do have one of their value cards.

evolvingpowercat

Kansas rest areas on Interstates have free dump stations. Note you have to take the "cars" side of the split at the entrance ramp to get to the driveway to the dump station. Don't go down the truck side or you will not be able to get to it.

FiremanBill

Kansas rest areas on Interstates have free dump stations. Note you have to take the "cars" side of the split at the entrance ramp to get to the driveway to the dump station. Don't go down the truck side or you will not be able to get to it.

That's good that they have them, but not a very good design!