Carbon Monoxide Detector

Don_Carol

I have a 2011 26LRSS that we purchased about 4 weeks ago. We have been camping on 2 weekends but now we are at the house and the RV is in its 'shed' with 120v ac hook up to provide shore power. Temporary connection is an extension cord (12ga-3 wires about 50 feet) on a 20 amp breaker to just keep the battery charged between camping trips. Nothing is running, refrig is off, propane bottles are closed. Why is the Carbon dixiode detector beeping? Sounds like I have an alarm system in my RV lol. Beep about every 30 seconds. I notice on my last RV it I didnt remain plugged-in with 120VAC the battery would drain & the detector would beep like this. I am plugged in & with nothing on in the RV shouldnt the shore power keep the battery charged enough to prevent the beeping noises? We are going camping on the 17th and I dont want to be worried it the detector is just beeping or it there is really a problem. Anyone with insight is welcome to share their opinion with me, I am open for all suggestions.

Thanks

donr827

I believe that the carbon monoxide detector has its on battery installed in the case. Same as most smoke detectors. The beep sound might be telling you that the battery needs to be replaced.
Don

Don_Carol

Thanks Don,

Man that would be an easy fix. I will check that later today when I get home!!
Thanks again for your response.

brianharrison

The propane detector (low installation on a wall (direct wired to the 12V system)) and the Carbon Monoxide detector (mounted high, usually on bedroom ceiling) have a similar beep in my trailer - i have been fooled before which one is beeping.

The smoke detector (on ceiling as well) also has a built in battery, similar to CO detector noted above by Don.

Brian

Don_Carol

Don and Brian,

Just a follow-up on this. After changing the batteries, the detector continued to beep every few minutes. I call Kiddle about my Atwood carbon monoxide detector and after going through a series of test, it was determined the detector was bad. The manufacture date is Nov. 10 2009. It is suppose to last 7 years so she is sending me a new one free to replace this one.
If you have an issue with the detector, check the date and call Kiddle, they seems to stand behind their products.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Thanks for the follow-up!
It's good information to have in the hip pocket