Trailer not powering on Battery

gredden

Hi All, I have a quick question. I have a 2013 Heartland Trail Runner SLE 25 FT Trailer. After storing it for the winter, the trailer no longer runs off the battery. Everything seems to work fine when plugged in AC. When I disconnect the AC power, nothing runs on DC. I checked the inverter and don't see any blown fuses. The only other thing I can think of is switch I am missing that may be turned off. Or possibly the battery is too low?? Although when I have everything hooked to the truck, the lights will not come on, or power to anything else. Any Help\suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gary

danemayer

Hi gredeen,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Take a look at our owner-written 12V Block Diagram and Troubleshooting Guide. The 12V circuit breaker that connects the battery output to the power converter and fuse box has probably tripped.

Rrloren

Disconnect from truck and shore power and put a meter on the battery to check power level. I just had similar problem and had to replace battery after 3 1/2 yrs.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you did not disconnect the battery for the winter, I'm sure its dead. There are parasitc drains in your coach that will drain the battery. Your's might also have a battery diconnect on it....is it turned back on? Take the battery out and charge it or take it someplace and have it charged and tested. Batteries do not like very cold or very hot weather.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it's a serviceable battery, remove the caps and make sure there is water in the cells. If the plates are dry and look like a big chunk of lead, you will need to replace it. I pull my battery out during winter storage and give it a charge a couple of times while it sits in the garage. For shorter term storage, consider installing a battery cut-off switch of some kind or just disconnect the cables.