Bathroom door

Hello, I have a 2012 26LRSS North Trail Caliber Edition trailer. The bathroom door does not go to the top or the bottom. There are significant gaps. Does anyone else have doors like this, I don't like the lack of privacy?

danemayer

Hi shostoppa32,

They're all like that. Bedroom doors too. I don't know if it's the only reason, but the gaps allow air flow.

EandJ

Yep. Our old 2006 Fleetwood had doors that reached all the way up and down. But it also had an A/C vent and heat vent in the bathroom. Our NT only has a heat vent. And a lot of other brands we looked at didn't even have the heater vent in the bathroom so they relied on the door gaps for all air flow.

One salesman told us the lack of vents was to create a "negative air chamber" in the bathroom - i.e. air would always be drawn into the bathroom - never pushed out. He said it helped to alleviate um - unpleasent odors.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
As mentioned above, just about all Heartland products doors have top and bottom clearance. This is done for air circulation since there there is one return for the furnace and a separate return for the a/c. Older campers were not build as tightly and were labeled as one or two season campers but with many newer coaches being better weather proofed, interior circulation changed.

guyc66

Since I don't have a DVR system to pause live television I wish they would offer a dutch door option for the bathroom. I could see the TV in the livingroom area better if I had one of those! My DW is getting tired of me leaving the door open during those necessary breaks.....LOL.

FiremanBill

since i don't have a dvr system to pause live television i wish they would offer a dutch door option for the bathroom. I could see the tv in the livingroom area better if i had one of those! My dw is getting tired of me leaving the door open during those necessary breaks.....lol.

lol!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Since I don't have a DVR system to pause live television I wish they would offer a dutch door option for the bathroom. I could see the TV in the livingroom area better if I had one of those! My DW is getting tired of me leaving the door open during those necessary breaks.....LOL.

Did you ever make a cardboard periscope with a couple of mirrors when you were a kid? Modify the design to enlarge the viewing area and cut a peephole at the top of the door. Maybe make the mirrors moveable so you can spy on whoever is in the rig. Just don't launch any torpedoes. ;)

ParkIt

Did you ever make a cardboard periscope with a couple of mirrors when you were a kid? Modify the design to enlarge the viewing area and cut a peephole at the top of the door. Maybe make the mirrors moveable so you can spy on whoever is in the rig. Just don't launch any torpedoes. ;)
And suddenly, John will log off and build one just to see if it will really work.
His DW will let us know if it did or not ;)

guyc66

Y'all probably think I'm crazy, but I am serious about my bathroom dutch door idea. Heck, even my DW likes the idea (when compared to my current modus operandi). At least she would only have to see me from the shoulders up! Now if I could only find my sawzall.....

berky

I have the same model and year, shostoppa32. I think a good reason for the gaps, already mentioned, is airflow. Not just for "odor" control, but for mildew control too. In hot humid weather, prime mildew conditions, cool dry air from the nearby A/C outlet can move through the top gap and drive out the bathroom's high moisture content.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
And suddenly, John will log off and build one just to see if it will really work.
His DW will let us know if it did or not ;)

Nah! Can't see the TV from the throne room, anyways. Besides, if I'm in there that long I've probably got more important things to do :rolleyes:

TravisJen

I thought it was pointless to have the gap on the top also until I noticed that if it wasn't there, the door would only open a foot before it hit the light in the hallway.