fresh water tank overflow

how can i stop the fresh water tank from draining out overflow when travelling and what are the 3 hoses coming out thru bottom og unit close to axles (one is the overflow where the water comes out)

scottyb

One should be the fresh water tank drain, the other two are the low point drains for hot and cold water lines.

no the fresh water tank drain is in the compartment where you fill fresh water - the unit is a 3055RL - i have to manipulate valves and use water pump to drain fresh water but thank you anyways - (you are probably right about the other two tho - the third one is where the fresh water overflows when trailer is hooked to truck and a little lower in the rear or when travelling

donr827

When you are hooked to the trailer is the trailer level to the truck? Are you traveling with a full water tank?
Don

MTPockets

I know some people travel with full water tanks but I don't as it would put me well over the rated GVWR of my trailer. A full tank of fresh water weighs about 600 lbs. A lot of weight to pull around if you can get water at or near your destination. I can understand if you are going where there is no water available, but just know about the weight. My tank has an overflow on each side and a drain with the shut off valve.

dbbls59

I got tired of arriving at the campground with half a tank of water. I installed shut off valves on both of the overflows on my Big Country. Now all I have to do is remember to opening them when I am filling the tank and using the pump, and close them when traveling. It seems to me like they could have designed a system that would not loose the fresh water when traveling. This is the first of 4 fivers I have had that looses water like this.

scottyb

no the fresh water tank drain is in the compartment where you fill fresh water - the unit is a 3055RL - i have to manipulate valves and use water pump to drain fresh water but thank you anyways - (you are probably right about the other two tho - the third one is where the fresh water overflows when trailer is hooked to truck and a little lower in the rear or when travelling

OK, different make and model. Mine has a fresh water tank drain with a valve on the end of it. I always drain the tank as soon as I get home.

wclark

My problem is I use a RO system in our new 3585rl. This unit does not have a overflow under the unit it comes out the docking station. I have been surprised to open up to a flooded basement. Anyone know how to properly seal the holding tank so that this stops happening??

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We have the 2013 3585RLand we have two drain hoses right behind both axles (one on each side) which drain as our tank gets full. In the UDC is a vent hole, but I do not believe that is supposed to be a drain. If you are getting water in your basement I would suggest removing your basement access panel and then begin filling your fresh water tank again and look for the leak. I bet it's nothing more than a loose connection or PEX fitting issue.

Rod Ditrich

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

danemayer

My problem is I use a RO system in our new 3585rl. This unit does not have a overflow under the unit it comes out the docking station. I have been surprised to open up to a flooded basement. Anyone know how to properly seal the holding tank so that this stops happening??
wclark,

Where exactly are you finding a flooded basement? And I'm afraid I'm zoning out today; what's a RO system?

wclark

It was an loose fitting line from the docking station. Our unit does not have a overflow on the tank. The water comes back out the docking station. Sealed the water line then drilled a larger outlet hole in the cap and ran a line out the bottom of the docking station. Working well.

i have found a copper manifold (at canadian tire) that has 3 - 1/2 pipe inlets and 1 - 3/4 outlet - i attached all 3 vent lines to manifold and attached a 3/4 clear hose - running the hose along bottom of frame rail using the underbelly screws and hose clamps - ran hose to the docking station and put a 3/4 valve on hose - open valve when gravity filling tank holding hose higher than water tank - when i get overflow ,close valve - this weekend i left gravity fill cap off while using pump (as water still syphoned out while parked)- all worked great and never lost any water due to siphoning when tavelling or boondocking- cost to fix was $25.00