Air Conditioner

Dylan

Is it normal to see some dripping inside from the a/c? It's very humid and I'm sure it's just condensation, but I was surprised when I saw the dripping I did. Also, regarding the condensation, that's coming off the roof, some of it is coming over the edge and running down the window of the bump out, where the main slide is. The gutters are clean, so I'm thinking the water is going under the gutter and it needs a bead of caulking. Any of this make sense to anyone? Input much appreciated.

Mizmary

I don't know about the slide and the gutter but it was over 90% humidity today and I had some condensation forming on the inside at the main AC vent.

porthole

Retired
Are you sure the gutter is clean? Only takes a single twig to make it overflow.

Hoe about seams? The gutters are not long enough to be a continuous run. Somewhere along the edge there may be a butt joint. On our trailer that joint was caulked inside and out. And it leaked.

I just cleaned out all the old sealant and added a piece of Eternabond tape to the outside of that seam to stop the drips.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you are running the fan on low that can cause it. You coach could be leaning a little to the wrong side of the drain also.

retirie

retired investigator
i am new member but old time rver. have seen where restricted drain from ac picks up more humidity and blows in coach but i live in tex with high temps and humidity. dont know if that helps good luck

danemayer

i am new member but old time rver. have seen where restricted drain from ac picks up more humidity and blows in coach but i live in tex with high temps and humidity. dont know if that helps good luck

Hi retirie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and thanks for contributing to the discussion.

retirie

retired investigator
hi back dont know how to do forums but i am trying. tomorrow i will try to figure out how to dess thing up with pics. retirie is retired investigator with tex dept of criminal justice. i made a video with aj jone gm heartland a couple of weeks ago as newest member of heartland family gray hair and red shirt.

happyappy

My dometic non-ducted ceiling unit in the bedroom would leak water from one of the intake grills when I shut down the unit. I figured out that if I opened the exhaust vents on both ends of the unit...I didn't get the condensation leak on shutdown. My guess is keeping one exhaust vent closed somehow restricts airflow inside the unit allowing condensation to build up on one side.

This may not help your situation but it seems to have fixed mine.