Apollo 1/2 oven and microwave - need help please

We have a Sundance 2010 with an Apollo 1/2 time oven and microwave which won't respond to anything. It is under the stovetop. The control panel does not show time etc. None of the control panel buttons whether it be 1/2 time oven or microwave work. It has a few lights around the edge that will light up sometimes. I would like to fix it if it is simple. Otherwise I would like to replace it with just a microwave only. Would that be a problem? Any suggestions or help with my issue would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Hi mjoh755747,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful info here and plenty of helpful and friendly people.

I'm sure some of the people with Apollo 1/2 Time experience will chime in soon.

Garypowell

We had the Apollo in our previous unit. It died at the 4 year point. We found a replacement for about $100 that fit exactly. Our unit had a plastic bezel around it.....you'd never know we changed it out.

Ours was up in a cabinet but it sounds like yours is under the stove cook top....I have not seen that configuration....maybe you meant "over". But no matter. All you need to worry about is if it gets proper ventilation. No matter just a microwave or 1/2 time unit they will produce heat.

My unit was held in by a bracket that did not work with the new one I mentioned.....just configured my own.

cjhicks

Here is the Phone # for Apolle 1-800-330-9707 or 574-287-3365 We had a problem with ours a couple of weeks ago and we called and told them the problem and they send the parts and a instruction sheet on how to remove the oven and how to install the new parts. Only took about a week to receive the package.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I have a few thoughts - first is it sounds like there may be a lack of power to the unit - if it does not display anything or respond to any buttons. Check that there is power to the plug that the unit is plugged into. Since Apollo is no longer importing these ( or making ) units getting a replacement from Apollo may be difficult as will getting parts - I was able to get a replacement bezel when I was out at the National Rally at the wholesaler who provided the original units to Heartland. They are the ones who told me that parts may become an issue.

Since Heartland is now using a different unit in the new rigs you may want to contact support ( if you determine that it is dead ) and ask them if they can suggest replacement units ...

Keivn

wdk450

I am working on mine right now. There is 1 main 20 amp ceramic fuse inside the metal covers at the top right. If that blows all functions stop. See if there is a generic microwave or small appliance service center in your area. Most of them can work on these. The downside is that labor minimums are $50-$75 and the entire repair will come close to what an economy new one will cost. On the other hand if you get your old one repaired instead of replaced you won't be having to mess with adapting mounting and trim panels on a new one. Ventilation is a big question with a new one. You will see that the Apollo has a custom cooling exhaust fan blowing out to the top front (the factory fan blows out to the right bottom rear) added on by the RV microwave supplier. You should somehow mimic that for any microwave you install in the old space.

On Edit, 7/22/13: I replaced all of the microswitches ($35) as the fuse kept blowing as soon as I closed the door. That didn't solve the problems, so I got a Sharp conventional microwave for about $130 that has the same dimensions, modified the built-in support tray in the cabinet to fit the Sharp's foot outline and took the Apollo to electronic recycling. I usually bring my countertop convection oven/ broiler with me on trips, so I still have the convection capability.

Last edited:
D

dlpmx

Our 1/2 time stopped display stopped working 2nd time out and all I ever got from the company was "put you fingers in the vents and push the plug back in" They promised parts to fix that never arrived and the last time I talked to them they now wanted $86 for 2 wiring harnesses to fix it. I took mine out and got a convection microwave from Home Depot and installed it in the space. This whole RV has been a nightmare from day one. Never again Heartland!!

Thanks for all the suggestions. We are going to try and tackle this Apollo 1/2 time and microwave job this week. I hope. If there is anything else you could offer me as a fix. I have one more piece of information that might help me get a more specific answer before we dive into to it. If you push "microwave" it will display this on the screen: Enter. time micro That is it. After that shows up there is not a single button on the panel that will respond at all. We really miss having a microwave. We didn't realize that we used it as often as we do. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated again. To all of you who have already responded thanks a million. All your help will get us started.

wdk450

From my experience as an electronics tech, that sounds like a control board problem to me.

If you have warranty, try to use it. Check around and see if there is a local appliance/microwave repair company in your area that could handle this, too.
Sears says that they service "Every brand". My local microwave shop said that they were authorized to do Apollo warranty work.