HOTEL info comes up in google search

Northern Virginia
I noticed today that my mobile phone number in the PDF HOTEL member listing is indexed in Google and brings up the member listing in PDF. If this was in the fine print when I offered my information to a fellow Heartlander in need, I missed it.

I do not think it is a good idea to have this indexed in Google. Can this be changed?

//heartlandowners.org/hotel/HOTEL_Directory.pdf

Mizmary

I hope that the reason why we are able to see it is because we are members and our login info is cached somehow?

jbeletti

Your mobile number appears for these reasons:
1. You supplied it in your profile
2. You checked YES to be included in HOTEL in case an owner needs help in your area and needs to reach you
3. We allow search engines to crawl the forum so all uses can more easily find info when doing searches

If you want to remove mobile from HOTEL, go into your club profile and remove that number.
If you want to remove your listing altogether from Hotel, go into your club profile and select NO next to the 2 HOTEL items
Here's a link to edit your club profile.

porthole

Retired
3. We allow search engines to crawl the forum so all uses can more easily find info when doing searches

Maybe this particular file should be hidden from the search engines.

One of the key reasons we recently got rid of our house phone was because of all the junk calls.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Odd, ( in a good way), mine doesn't come up in Google. Trace

jbeletti

Okay - this has been addressed. A while back, we had Michael Kidd created a dynamic report for us. H.O.T.E.L. is now a downloadable CSV file. The report is run from current/live data each time. Here's a link to run the report.

All PDFs (that I can find) have been deleted on other H.O.T.E.L. threads. This should eliminate search engine indexing.

Thanks for letting us know.

WYWendinger

Great news. I can now sign up and that was the main concern I had. I am happy to be of assistance to any traveler but not happy to assist creeps. :)

Northern Virginia
Your mobile number appears for these reasons:
1. You supplied it in your profile
2. You checked YES to be included in HOTEL in case an owner needs help in your area and needs to reach you

If you want to remove mobile from HOTEL, go into your club profile and remove that number.
If you want to remove your listing altogether from Hotel, go into your club profile and select NO next to the 2 HOTEL items
Here's a link to edit your club profile.

Okay - this has been addressed. A while back, we had Michael Kidd created a dynamic report for us. H.O.T.E.L. is now a downloadable CSV file. The report is run from current/live data each time. Here's a link to run the report.

All PDFs (that I can find) have been deleted on other H.O.T.E.L. threads. This should eliminate search engine indexing.

Thanks for letting us know.

I must not have been alone...

But thanks for removing the Google index of my personal information. While I would love to help a Heartlander in need, it was not the kind of information I wanted to share with the world.