EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: TX, Canton - 1/3/2014 to 1/5/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Hi Nan,
I was thinking we could do a potluck Sat evening or maybe go somewhere. Technically, we don't have a room. We can use the RV Lodge if no one else is.

Whatever everyone wants to do.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well I made a reservation for Jan 2 thru Jan 5 leaving Monday 6th.

All I need now is good weather. Ann said I would be across the street. Looking forward to seeing you all.

BC

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well I made a reservation for Jan 2 thru Jan 5 leaving Monday 6th.

All I need now is good weather. Ann said I would be across the street. Looking forward to seeing you all.

BC

Yeah. Someone we actually know will be there...lol. We will be in site 2 I think according to call I got to confirm. Glad to get to see ya Bob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mfogarty

Great, Patrice! We look forward to meeting you'all! What site are you in? We may want to move closer to you. :D
We are in Site 38. Everett and Fay are across from us. Sorry I took so long to answer. I just checked the site as we are traveling to Canton!

jassson007

Nan just wanted to give you a heads up we will be there Tuesday afternoon instead of Wednesday. Still staying till sun am.

nander

Ok, thanks, Andy! We will see you soon!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

pegmikef

We hope you all have a great time. Sorry that we can't be there as we will be in Fredericksburg to hook up with my sister who is visiting her daughter in Austin. It looks like you have a really good turn out. Happy New Year everybody. Mike and Peggy

nander

We hope you all have a great time. Sorry that we can't be there as we will be in Fredericksburg to hook up with my sister who is visiting her daughter in Austin. It looks like you have a really good turn out. Happy New Year everybody. Mike and Peggy

Thanks, Mike & Peg!. We will miss you. Happy New Year!

jassson007

Ok, thanks, Andy! We will see you soon!Thanks,Nancy AndersonNorth Texas Chapter LeaderSent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Well we made it but don't think my truck did, it drank antifreeze like it was going out of style and occasionally blowing white smoke. Not sure what's up other than several possibilities such as EGR, oil cooler and one I don't want to think about, blown head gasket. At least we made it and will just have to get it fixed while here. Just can't spend much while here now. :(

nander

Oh no! I hope it's not a serious problem! We won't be spending much either with new Goodyear tires on the trailer.

See you tomorrow!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Paul & Nan

Oh no!! Hope it is nothing serious. Looks like you are no longer under warranty, darn. Hope you have an extended warranty. See ya tomorrow.

jassson007

Oh no!! Hope it is nothing serious. Looks like you are no longer under warranty, darn. Hope you have an extended warranty. See ya tomorrow.

Extended warranty ended at 100k miles. I hit 109k on the truck on way up here. Talking to a cousin who lives in Bullard he seems to think it may be EGR valve related as his 6.0 had same issue. Canton ford took care of him but was not cheap, apporx $4k. I was about to put some money into the truck but guess it wanted it sooner rather than later. I will bring it up there in morning and hope they can turn it around quick for us otherwise we may be mooching rides if anyone goes anywhere...lol.

Can't wait to meet everyone as well as we have only met a few forum members. There are a couple Bighorns here along with a landmark another Big Country and a Roadwarrior too. One of the BH and the landmark are club members, not sure about the others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Having a great time at the campout. I haven't gone to the trade barns but enjoyed the campground and the friends here. Weather has been great. In the 20's at night and 60/70;s during the day. Suppose to get cold at night on Sunday and Monday.

DSC_0003M.jpg DSC_0013M.jpg DSC_0018M.jpg DSC_0019M.jpg DSC_0024M.jpg

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well it has been a nice day. Great weather and a good rib dinner with friends.. Back a the campground we visited for a while and I took a few photos... Here is the group photo...

DSC_0031M.jpg

BC

jassson007

We had a great time thanks to all who made us feel welcome. Can't wait to meet up again down the road.

Andy, Jo, Rowdy and Kaydee

jo9463

Had a great time and looking forward to the next time, but will we ever get home...lol :(

nander

We had a great time at our first 'campout'! Thank you everyone for making it fun! We have 5 rigs left baring the cold temps today and tonight.

Thank you, Bob, for taking pictures. I'll be uploading them to the gallery and will post a link in the next couple of days.

jassson007

Like Jo said we broke again between Jacksonville and Athens and were towed back to Athens. Waiting on a friend to show up to tow trailer back to lake Charles. Again thank you for the fun now the pain with this dang truck. Can I interest anyone in a used ford?

Status
Not open for further replies.