TV Wall Mount for 2014 Wilderness 2650BH

chewman

Hey there...new to the forums. I purchased the 2650BH and it has the the entertainment center where the TV is can swivel to the main cabin or the master bedroom.

It looks like I can fit close to a 40" TV in there, but it's really thin press board...or what appears to possibly be a thick cardboard.
What type of mount can I put in there? There's no studs or anything. It may be less than 1/4" thick.

I want to purchase a TV and mount in our off-season here, to be ready for the spring.

Thanks in advance.

danemayer

Hi chewman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and congratulations on your new trailer. Hopefully another Wilderness owner can share a solution that they've already found. If not, you might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They may be able to give you some advice.

chewman

Thank you.
I did call customer service and they sent me a picture of a wall mount for a 26" TV, to be mounted in a different model trailer with support beams...which I don't have.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Whatever size TV you decide to put in there, make sure you get an LED instead of an LCD TV!

The LED TV's are typically half or less the weight of the LCD TV's, use less juice, put out less heat, and if you get a slim TV you can generally fit a slightly larger one than what is speced for that space.

And, TV's are very inexpensive these days . . .

I recently was looking at a 32" LED for $180 and a 26" LCD with a built-in DVD player for $125 . . . amazing!

I bought both of the LED TV's for our Trail Runner about a year ago for under $350 (both the same exact model, but are just different sizes - interestingly the remotes are different) . . .

A 26" Vizio LED for the living room and a 19" Vizio LED for the bedroom:

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg

I bought the two swivel wall mounts at Camping World as they were the only ones I could find that had a lock on them that would hold the TV's to the wall while traveling down the road.

When I was shopping for the TV's for our trailer I did look at the Jensen models at Camping World . . .

They were all LCD's, so they were very heavy and very expensive (twice as much as anywhere else), and the only thing I could see that was a benefit over buying them at your local Walmart, Best Buy, Costco or Sam's Club was that they would run on 12-volts, which could be a factor if you camp where there is no power hookup and you don't have a generator.

We don't have a generator right now, but plan to get one soon!