Hand-rail to bedroom

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
First, a belated Merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year to all. Now...my latest dilemma. We're not old and feeble, but I have gotten very used to having a hand-rail on the stairs to the bedroom. Maybe it's just a habit, but I like having the stability, especially on the late night(no light) dog walking. I've searched the catalogs, Camping World, and the big box hardware stores and I can't find a short handrail, or one that I can modify. Has anyone added one to their steps? The last unit had a great one that was attached at 3 points and very stable.

One other item. Has anyone added a second deadbolt above the door?

I know ya'll won't let me down on this.

Mels Musty Music

Wish I could say we are not old and feeble but oh well.
I have actually added two hand rails in our BH, one on each side of the stairs. My wife thought the first one for going up the steps was so great she wanted one for going down too. I don't have a picture that shows them both but can take one if you want.
Got the first one from a local RV dealer (not a Heartland dealer) who ordered it directly from the Heartland parts department. Got the second one through Chris DeLaPaz when we were looking for a dealer to do some warranty work last summer. Its nice to have them both match the original hand rail by the entry door.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 100_1808.jpg
    100_1808.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 64

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Thanks Hal. I'll call Heartland tomorrow. I only need one side. It's easy to come down, just need the stability going up.