XtraRide Protective Asset Protection

jrzygrl64

Hello!

My husband I recently purchased a new 2014 Landmark Grand Canyon. We were given some info on the above mentioned extended warranty company. We were wondering if anyone here has purchased/used this company and if so what has your experience been with them?

If you haven't used this company, have you used a different one? What has your experience been with that?

How much should something like this cost?

Thanks in advance for any insights/info you can offer!

Kelly

MTPockets

Hello!

My husband I recently purchased a new 2014 Landmark Grand Canyon. We were given some info on the above mentioned extended warranty company. We were wondering if anyone here has purchased/used this company and if so what has your experience been with them?

If you haven't used this company, have you used a different one? What has your experience been with that?

How much should something like this cost?

Thanks in advance for any insights/info you can offer!

Kelly
Others may not agree but my opinion regarding these extended warranty programs is to save your money and you'll be that much ahead.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hello!My husband I recently purchased a new 2014 Landmark Grand Canyon. We were given some info on the above mentioned extended warranty company. We were wondering if anyone here has purchased/used this company and if so what has your experience been with them?If you haven't used this company, have you used a different one? What has your experience been with that?How much should something like this cost?Thanks in advance for any insights/info you can offer!Kelly
Kelly if I'm not mistaken your Landmark should have a 5 year warranty. In my opinion, have your dealer do the required inspections regarding that warranty and forget the extended warranty. In most cases you are wasting your money. IMHO

jrzygrl64

Debbie,

I am so glad you replied! (thanks to you also MTPockets - love the name btw!)

I found out today that we purchased our units at the same dealer! They suggested I get in touch with you to join the club - I told them I was way ahead of them!

I thought it was a 2 year bumper to bumper, then 5 year limited. I guess the "pitch" for the extended warranty is it would cover anything that could fall through the cracks. To be honest, they didn't really push it at all, just have us the info and said let them know.

Bill generally stays away from extended warranties, but there are so many systems on these rigs, he is very handy, I would just hate for something major to happen that he cannot handle on his own.

Thanks again for the input!

Kelly

porthole

Retired
I thought it was a 2 year bumper to bumper, then 5 year limited. I guess the "pitch" for the extended warranty is it would cover anything that could fall through the cracks. To be honest, they didn't really push it at all, just have us the info and said let them know.

Bill generally stays away from extended warranties, but there are so many systems on these rigs, he is very handy, I would just hate for something major to happen that he cannot handle on his own.

Nothing more then a sales pitch for an expensive, limited coverage product. Unless the extended warranty was offered by Heartland itself I would never even entertain the thought of getting one. If you have the resources to spend the money for one, put it into a limited access RV account and let it collect the tiny bit of interest that is available.

Extended warranties (not really a warranty at all) in general are a bad investment.
Factory sponsored plans for autos and trucks are the only products I would consider.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Nothing more then a sales pitch for an expensive, limited coverage product. Unless the extended warranty was offered by Heartland itself I would never even entertain the thought of getting one. If you have the resources to spend the money for one, put it into a limited access RV account and let it collect the tiny bit of interest that is available.

Extended warranties (not really a warranty at all) in general are a bad investment.
Factory sponsored plans for autos and trucks are the only products I would consider.

I'm in agreement with you, Duane. We had a 5 yr. extended warranty on the BH that expired in October last year and never used it. So now we're "self-insured" for any repairs. But we do have them on our vehicles and have used them.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Debbie,

I am so glad you replied! (thanks to you also MTPockets - love the name btw!)

I found out today that we purchased our units at the same dealer! They suggested I get in touch with you to join the club - I told them I was way ahead of them!

Thanks again for the input!

Kelly

Kelly I am really happy to know the dealership promotes the Owners Club. This dealership is very supportive of our events and it's good to know for sure.

Don't be too sure that things will be covered that may otherwise fall through the cracks. Many things will not be covered. Some of us have learned by making this costly mistake. Read very carefully before you sign. What you read may surprise you.

Here's the best part! You have free support right here! If Bill is unsure, just ask and we'll help him! When we get together our guys usually help one another to get a few tasks done and share ideas. It's not to say things will not go wrong, but when they do you will have the best support network right here with thousands of RV owner/mechanics online 24/7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD