VuQube portable satellite experience?

JimandSina

Directv w/ Vu Cube

Hello HT,
I have had Satellite systems for about 18 years and always enjoyed it, I have the DirecTV system and take it from home to the RV and back, I also set up a extra dish on a tv tripod for RV travel and found that I could find the satellite in a matter of minutes, I chose DirecTV because they have specific plans that include RV usage, recently some good friends bought the VU Cube and use it with their motorhome, they report that it is amazing how easy it is to use and how quickly it finds the satellite, they also have the DirecTV service and the Vu Cube works perfectly with it, so now I am now thinking of buying the VuCube as a easier way of using my satellite in the rig. Just my 2 cents worth, hope you find it helpful.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
JimandSina,
Thanks for the info. I'm sure I'll get one - unless I hear that someone had one explode! :D I'll have to wait a little while...gearing up for winter...getting a full RV skirt and adding insulation under the Cyclone, so DW making me put off the VuQube purchase for now. :( We'll see how long - she's coming to spend a few days with me over July 4th weekend. She'll spend a couple of days with no TV & 1 radio station in the Cyclone while I'm at work. Maybe I can get her to feel sorry for me! :D :D

Vu Cube

I also have noticed that the price of the Cube seems to be lowering. Camping World had them for 699 earlier in the month. I have not checked E Bay lately (that is how I got mine). I am telling you setting this thing up is a snap. Our last trip we were in 40 mph winds with some rain and we maintained signal the entire time. I loveth unit

mike3fan

update,I bought the VuQube and changed service from Dish to DirectTv. I haven't used it in the Sundance yet but use it often in the truck and it is awesome,from the time I throw it up on the roof I can be watching satelitte in under 5 minutes.

Jimmyt5

Do you put your cube away when you leave? It seems like you are leaving $700 laying outside???

mike3fan

Do you put your cube away when you leave? It seems like you are leaving $700 laying outside???

If I was gonna be away I would take it inside,even though it would be useless without the remote. I wonder how difficult it would be to get a new/replacement remote.

Sharon

Does anybody have any experience with one of these units?

http://www.wallacet.com/vuqube/productDetailsPortable.asp

I thought about a roof mounted dish-in-a-dome but this thing is half the price and has a lot more flexibility. I can take it (and the receiver, of course) to my home or my lake condo as a supplement/replacement for our lousy cable TV provider.

As a side note, anybody ever have an issue with theft or vandalism of a portable satellite setup?

We bought a VueCube from the dealership that sold us our Landmark. After talking to the people at Camping World we ended up up taking it back to the dealership and trading it for the new WineGard Travler. They had failed to tell us that we could get only one channel at a time with the Cube. We don't always want to watch the same channel so the WineGard is better for us. It is permanent on the roof but is not a dome. It works automatically tho' from inside the trailer, which for us, is better than messing with the Direct dish that we use to use. So far it seems to be working fine, but we haven't had it a long time. Will know more later on about that after we have driven around with it for a while.

Happy Travels, Sharon and Loren
hogansononwheels2@msn.com

Cutlers

I have one. Dealer provided it to seal the deal on my toyhauler. It's easy to use and easy to haul around. I put it on the roof by the ladder and use a bicycle chain/lock to secure it. Been in heavy rain and works fine. Since we're usually outside with the toys, one satellite is good enough. I use a old Dish reciever that I bought years ago. I just call Dish and activate that reciever for one month when we go. Costs 5 bucks for a month.

rjr6150

I'm hoping someone purchases one of the new 2000 series and posts a report. Been going back and forth between the Winequard and Qube now that they have one to run two receivers.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
VuQube

I broke down and bought one a couple of months ago. I am definitely happy with it. Took me about 2 minutes to lock in the signal, then about 15 minutes to set up my DirecTv account. I did spend about 15 minutes running my coax directly to the receiver - because I could never get a signal through any of the internal cables in the Cyclone. I'm parked at a KOA and there is now another 5er parked next to me.

I have the VuQube sitting on the ground, behind my kitchen slide and thought I'd have to move it when the neighbor moved in...I actually relocated his rig from a different site within the park, so I made a friend and don't worry about him stealing it! ;) No problem, though. I still get a great signal, even with the snow and wind we've had. Mine is the single channel one, so I have the KOA cable hooked to my bedroom TV.

Labatdorf

I have very good luck with the VuQube. Yes you do pay a little more for it than just useing a trypod but it works very well. Camping world have them on sale this month.
Just remember one thing. V1000 is a single LMB. What this means is that you can only hook into one reciver at the same time. What my wife and I do is that we have the main TV hooked into the Sat and the one in the bedroom is hooked to both. So that if someone is watching TV on the main you can still watch on the ANT. But if the TV is off on the main such as at night when you go to bed then you can watch on the Sat.

Hope this helps out.

All in all we love ours

Vuqube

I purchased a Vuqube from Camping World two years ago. The unit works great. Just place it where you want it pointing at a southern heading and use the supplied remote to tune in the satilite.
There is a new one available that automatically searches and locks in on a satilite, but a little more money.
Over All I am very pleased with the unit.

CEMILL
Highland, Il.