Reduced power????

ADIRKS30

Hello,
I just bought a cyclone 3110, we have stayed in it 3 nights so far and with the below feezing temps at night we were using the fresh tank and pump. The problem is now that the pump will not pressure the lines, we can hear it running but it sounds weak and all we get at faucet is lots of sputtering and a little bit of water. And at the same time time we noticed the microwave is no longer working, like the light works and all but when you push buttons for time and such it does not do anything. The reason this is in electrical thread is that I wonder if these problems are somehow related to electrical? Like is the power reduced for some reason and wont allow these to operate? If they are not then I am sorry for posting here and can seperate my problems out and post in different threads. I am hooked up to 50 amp plug and breaker.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It's difficult to diagnose from here, but it sound like your fresh water tank is empty and you are just sucking air.
Your gauge may tell you that you have water, but in reality it is empty. Those gauges are almost always inaccurate.
As far as the microwave goes, it sounds like the problem might be with the microwave itself.
Have you used your meter and checked the voltage at the receptacle?

Peace
Dave

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Another thing is that if you have the Anderson valve that it is not on the tank fill mode. You have to have it set to the City mode in order for the pump to be able to pick up the water that's in your tank.

Rod Ditrich

danemayer

Hi ADIRKS30,

Congratulations on your new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. These problems are probably unrelated.

If it got cold enough overnight, you may have an ice blockage in the fresh tank water feed to the pump. The fresh tank drain (usually located near the off-door-side front axle) has a bit of hose poking through the coroplast and there's a drain valve on that hose. The water above the valve is exposed to the outside air and freezes easily. When it freezes, the ice can wick its way up into the tee, blocking the fresh tank feed line to the pump.

You can check this by momentarily opening the valve. If no water comes out, you either have an ice blockage or an empty tank. If you heat it with a hair dryer for 10 minutes or so, you may be able to melt the ice.

The longer term solution is to insulate the area and if doing a lot of sub-freezing camping, add heat tape.

The reason I think the problems are unrelated is that the water pump runs off the 12V DC power and the microwave runs off the 110V AC power. It's possible, if there were a prolonged low voltage condition at the power pedestal that perhaps the 12V system and microwave have both been affected, but that's a pretty long shot.

You should check the battery indicator in your control panel. When plugged into shore power, if everything is as it should be, all 4 lights should be on. If not, you have something wrong that's affecting the 12V DC systems.

Are your other 110V AC devices working OK? TV? Coffee pot? Toaster?

ADIRKS30

I believe I have the anderson valve. It is one valve with 4 settings, tank-city-winterize-normal. I am still not sure what the normal is?

All other electrical items seem to be working fine so I guess maybe that does rule out electrical problem just thought the lights n such wouldnt take as much power so might not affect them.

Another question on the control panel is: right underneath the yeti pack switch is a red switch thats glows when switched on, what is this for?

I bought this unit new from a dealer and got it shipped to my door because I was to busy to go get it, I realize they probably would have walked me thru some of this when I was there if I would have went to get it. But now they are not much help and never call back like they say they will, so I am kinda left in the dark and am very glad to see that there is a Heartland owners forum!! We did have a 2008 Vortex by thor before this and so I do have some experience but this one is set up a little different (better I`m sure), so just have to learn about it

danemayer

ADIRKS30

NORMAL is the setting you'd use when pumping water out of the fresh tank. If you have it set on something else, the pump may not feed water through correctly. Here's a link to the section of the forum with the 4-way valve documents. You can read about each setting.

The red switch that lights up may be for the electric side of the water heater.

We have some owner-written user guides that might be helpful to fill in the blanks you missed when you took delivery.

So I'll have to check now, wonder if it would have ruined the pump if I tried it the other way already...?

There is another switch for electric water heater or gas water heater. Would my furnace be electric or gas?

I did check out the guides some and I'll definitely be reading more in them! These are questions I kinda needed quick answers for so we have water! I have a construction job that takes me on the road quite a bit so if I have this i can take my wife and 1 year old son with me! Thanks for your help!

evolvingpowercat

another thing to check is to make sure the connection on the inlet side of the water pump is tight if is not tight then the pump can suck air in thru the inlet fitting along with some water and that can cause the issue you describe.

ADIRKS30

Ok, I'll check that out.Good to see another Kansas City area person here. I call Jamesport, MO home ( at least some of the time)

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
But when you have freezing temperatures you definitely want to have your furnace heating your coach or at least assisting so the underbelly gets warm by the furnace. The furnace is what heats your underbelly so if you're using your fireplace or other electric heaters you're not heating your underbelly. And if so your waterlines could be getting frozen.

Rod Ditrich