Washer / Dryer - what do you have?

kowAlski631

Personally we have the stackable Splendide.

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We have the combo since that's all our floor plan could accept. Later versions of our model changed the space for the W/D. But the combo suits our needs.

B

BouseBill

We also have the combo Splendide, works great, as stated above just don't overload it.

hriker

Combo splendide. It works great. Put laundry in dirty and take it out clean and dry.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

LNG

To all users that have the Combo Splendide... is yours vented or ventless? Thanks in advance!

Tony

Westwind

We have a Splendide Combo and have had very good luck with it. It get used everyday, my wife washes small loads so the clothes don't wrinkle. We broke the handle and we got excellent service from the company recommended in the operating manual.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks for the reply. After doing some reading, it looks like vented is the best choice. I noticed Heartland put a vent location decal on the wall for me, that will help a lot.

Be careful about trusting that decal. Others that have self-installed the vent have found it might not be exactly where it should be. Best to probe the spot with a small drill bit to be sure you don't run into some framing. If yours will be going in the front nose closet (like mine) the photo will give you an idea of where the vent will be. Be sure to get a drain pan installed with it. Mine was dealer installed and they didn't put one in. The way I found I had a leak in the machine was seeing water dripping off the pinbox. The leak was my fault for taking a shortcut in winterizing it. I'll be putting in a drain pan and repairing the machine this spring.

View attachment 28693

kowAlski631

2nd the drain pan. Dealer asked why we thought we needed it - told them we weren't into standing water on the floor.

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

4ever

We have the stackable Whirpool washer & dryer. My DW loves it. Need I say any more.

ted

Fonz46

We have the vented Splendide 2100XC and are very pleased with it.
X3 on the drain pan and ditto on not believing the target decal. Mine was centered over a stud. I drilled a series of 1/8" holes from the inside to insure I didn't hit a stud or framing.

57chevyconvt

Ditto on the vent location. I used a small finishing nail to drive thru the paneling every 1/4" around the diameter of the vent hole to make sure that there were no aluminum studs in the location of the vent hole. Since the side of the trailer is about 2 1/2" thick, I used a hole saw to cut from both inside and outside. Net results was a nice clean vent hole.

Remeron

We looked into the RV sized 24 inch cubed all-in-one machines but were disappointed about the lack of capacity 1.4-1.8 cu-ft. Our laundry hook ups are located in the garage of our toy hauler. We chose to go with the 4.2 cu-ft LG washer/dryer all-in-one unit with steam. It is a bit bigger in size but will pay itself off in dividends because we also have two young children.

ramdually4100king

The small size of the combo is not that bad. We full time with two small kids and do two to three loads a day. Our electric bill went up $10 a month. We were paying thirty a week at the Laundromat.
It is like hriker said put clothes in three hours later pull clean dry clothes out... Repeat.

porthole

Retired
Thanks for the reply. After doing some reading, it looks like vented is the best choice. I noticed Heartland put a vent location decal on the wall for me, that will help a lot.
To all users that have the Combo Splendide... is yours vented or ventless? Thanks in advance!

Tony

Vented Combo. Personally I would not install the ventless version.
And the reality is there is no such thing as a "ventless" dryer. It has to vent somewhere, either through the side of the camper or - inside the camper.

The vented models also work more efficiently.

Couple of hints. Don't overload. Use fabric softener. The softener is recommend because of the speed of the machines. The combo unit spins at 1200 rpm and using fabric softener allows the clothes to fall off the drum when it reverses.

We wash with the dry time set to zero. When finished we take the clothes out, shake them out to minimize the wrinkles and then dry. Works well for us.

Don't slam the door. The parts inside are plastic. I broke mine last summer in Goshen. But, I was able to disassemble it and do a temporary repair with a single wire tie. That wire tie is still in service a year later.

We use the Splendide detergent. Our unit came with a box and while in Goshen for the PDI, I picked up another two boxes at one of the RV surplus stores. We are still using the the detergent I bought in 2009.

I now pull the dispenser out at the end of the season and clean it. Because it is constantly damp, it tends to attack black mold when closed up for the season.

mobilcastle

We have a Whirlpool separate washer and dryer-my DW loves them. My son and I put them in and they were a PIA to say the least. Washer is heavy-I don't have what I use to-glad my son was home on leave and could help. When you cut the vent hole measure twice before you cut. Cut from the outside and run your hole saw in reverse to score the fiberglass then cut your hole. I also put in a drain pan. Good luck.