Test your Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors this week please

happykraut

If you enter your rig and smell propane the first thing I would do is to get the h**l out of there and shot off the propane tanks.

danemayer

The LPG detector on my trailer is located in the rear of the trailer behind the lounge chairs. Very poor location. When doing the PDI I told the PDI person the trailer does not have a LPG detector. He thought that they forgot to install it at the factory but finally found it behind the chairs. Did I say a poor design.
Don
Don,

When you relocate the detector, the manufacturer's manual may give you some guidance on where/where not to put it.

porthole

Retired
Ah - I got ya now. So that picture of my LPG detector in my 2006 Landmark was more of an ideal location in the middle of all my LP using items. Make sense. Thanks.

I guess I might have been a bit confusing. I brought it up because of this post.

sometimes, I see Heartland puts them in the rear cap wall and sometimes behind the recliners/theater seating in the door side slide in the narrow end wall.

porthole

Retired
And speaking of confusing - Bernie - this may cause more problems then you originally bargained for :rolleyes:

If you enter your rig and smell propane the first thing I would do is to get the h**l out of there and shot off the propane tanks.

Sorry - couldn't resist :cool:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
and NEVER, ever turn any switch on or off, or use your cell when propane/gas is present!! We are actually trained to knock on doors and never ring the door bell...just in case!!